Kiki Ouma (End)

Kokichi and Kiki sat down at the dining table, waiting for Mr. and Mrs. Ouma to return. When they did, Kokichi and Kiki prepared themselves. They looked at each other and nodded firmly. Mr. Ouma and Mrs. Ouma entered the kitchen. 

   "Children, what are you doing just sitting there?" Mrs. Ouma asked with a strange smile. 

   "I hope you two are in the mood for Italian food because we're haviiiing-" Mr. Ouma began. 

   "Actually...we're in the mood for some information," Kokichi interrupted in a serious voice. Mr. and Mrs. Ouma exchanged nervous glances.

   "Haha...whatever are you talking about, darling?" Mrs. Ouma asked.

    "Are you guys really my parents?" Kokichi asked, getting straight to the point. Mr. and Mrs. Ouma merely stared at Kokichi, not knowing how to respond. 

   "W-Why would you ask that, Kokichi?" Mr. Ouma asked, chuckling nervously. Kokichi turned to Mrs. Ouma. 

   "It's what you said about not having enough money to take care of me when I was born," he answered. "But, that was a lie, wasn't it? Because Kiki told me that your husband inherited the Ouma fortune after his parents passed away. You've always had money. Plus, how is it that you already knew who I was, but you never told Kiki about me?" Mrs. Ouma repeatedly opened and closed her mouth in shock.

   "K-Kokichi! I can't b-believe this interrogation!" she cried in a flustery stammer. "I don't know why you're doing this, but you have no right to question us like that!" Kokichi closed his eyes.

   "Please..." he pleaded. "I just want to know if you guys are actually my parents, or not. I have the right to know."

   "B-But...but..." Mrs. Ouma stammered. Mr. Ouma gently placed his hand on hers. 

   "Akiko, he's right," he said. "Kokichi deserves to know the truth." Mrs. Ouma stared at him, then at Kokichi. She sighed forlornly as tears began to fill her eyes. 

   "No...you're not...r-really our son," she mumbled quietly. Kiki's eyes began filling up with tears, as well.

   "He's...not my brother?" she gulped. Mrs. Ouma gazed apologetically at Kiki.

   "No, sweetheart, he's not," she said. Tears streamed from Kiki's eyes, and she began to sob. Kokichi wrapped his arms around her while he looked fiercely at Mr. and Mrs. Ouma.

   "Why did you lie to her?" he asked, trying to hold back tears of his own. "Why did you lie to me? Tell me who you really are!" Mrs. Ouma was too distraught to speak, so Mr. Ouma decided to chime in for her.

   "We're not your parents, but we are your aunt and uncle," he replied gently. 

   "Okay, so Kiki is my cousin, then," Kokichi said with a nod. Kiki began to calm down a bit after hearing that. "Why didn't you just tell me that?"