Kokichi's Organization

Late one night, Himiko dashed out of her room to go downstairs to Kokichi and Gonta's. Quietly, she opened their bedroom door. Kokichi was in his bed, snoozing peacefully. Gonta was gone because he was away at some bug camp for the weekend where he would teach kids all about bugs. With a large grin, Himiko tiptoed inside, closed the door behind her, and ran straight into Kokichi's bed. Kokichi woke with a start.

    "Who's there?!" he called out in the dark. He switched his lamp on to see Himiko peeking impishly at him from under his blanket. "Himiko! What are you doing here?"

   "Nyeh...Gonta's not here," Himiko said. "You know what that meeaaannns." Kokichi sighed as he smiled and raised his brow at her.

   "Aaaand what does it mean?" he asked, plopping his head into his hand. Himiko wrapped her arms around his arm and gave him a large grin.

   "Tell me more about D.I.C.E.!" she exclaimed in hushed excitement. Kokichi chuckled. 

   "Why are you so excited to know about it?" he asked.

   "Kokichi...you are the leader of a secret, global organization!" Himiko said. "Nyeh...b-before, I thought you were the supreme leader of nine other people, which is cool, I guess, but to know that you're actually in charge of...of...nyeh, I dunno...the world!! Kokichi, that is huge!!" Kokichi smiled and rolled his eyes.

   "I'm not in charge of the world," he said. "Just an organization."

   "Yeah...a world organization!" Himiko said, throwing her arms around his neck and nuzzling his nose. "That's my man, being all...supreme leader-y and stuff! Nyeh...I'm so proud of you, Kokichi!" Kokichi laughed. 

   "Alrighty, then...what exactly do you wanna know?" he asked. 

   "Did you create D.I.C.E.?!" Himiko asked. 

   "Actually, no," Kokichi replied. 

   "Really?!" Himiko gasped. 

   "D.I.C.E. was founded almost 80 years ago, after World War II," Kokichi replied. Himiko's mouth dropped open. 

   "It's that old?!" she whispered in astonishment. 

   "That's right, Monkey Buns," Kokichi said, playfully pinching her cheek. "After the events in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, D.I.C.E. was created to get people through rough times by cheering them up with laughter. It didn't start off as a secret organization pranking people or anything like that. It was just a group of people in clown costumes wanting to spread joy and cheer to keep the people of Japan going."

   "Ooooo..." Himiko replied in awe like a starstruck child. "So...when did it become a global organization?"

   "Mmm...I'm not exactly sure," Kokichi admitted. "But somewhere along the years, D.I.C.E. seemed to disappear into the shadows, and I think that's when it became a secret organization. I think the original members wanted to spread their influence around the world, since they believed the world needed more laughter, not just Japan anymore. And as the years went by, D.I.C.E. began to transition into, mmm...a less wholesome organization. It got more creative with methods on how to spread laughter, and became something of a criminal organization as a result. By means of vandalism, petty theft, and pranks, D.I.C.E. has now turned into an organization that fights boredom by spreading chaotic fun, like I told you earlier, throughout the world."