Biker Boy and the Bandages (2)

"O-kay, babe! When and where should we set up Mondo and Mikan together?" Kokichi asked Himiko at lunch over pizza bagel bites. 

   "Hm...I'm not sure," Himiko admitted. Suddenly, she looked at Kokichi as if she had an idea. But immediately after, her expression turned to one of guilt.

   "What's on your miiiind, Monkey Buns?" Kokichi asked with a sly grin.

  "Well..." Himiko began. "Remember how you ended up hurting Junko and Sayaka in order to infiltrate the cheerleading squad?"

   "Uh-huuuuh..." Kokichi said, his smile growing wider. 

   "Um...I was thinking that...maybe we should kinda, maybe...hurt Mondo so that Mikan can heal him," Himiko finished. "But not to the point that he's in, like, really bad pain! Just...you know...an eensy-weensy bit of pain."

   "M'kaaayy, and how do you suppose we go about doing that?" Kokichi asked, leaning back in his seat, curious to hear Himiko's thoughts. 

   "Nyeehh...um...I dunno," Himiko admitted, slumping her shoulders in shame. 

  "It's a good start, Himiko!" Kokichi said as he patted Himiko's hand encouragingly. "And I think you're on the right track!"

   "Nyeh?" Himiko breathed excitedly.

  "Because I have gym with Mondo next period," Kokichi continued. "We're playing tennis today, and we have to pick partners. I'll choose him so I'm sure I can find some way to give him a reason to visit Mikan in the nurse's office. Also, your class next period is on the way to the nurse's office, so make sure to be on the lookout for us!"

   "Okay!" Himiko exclaimed. Kokichi smiled at her and stroked her cheek affectionately. "But...how are you gonna convince Mondo to be your partner?"

   "Eh, I'll come up with something," Kokichi replied nonchalantly. He reached down to his tray to grab another pizza bagel bite, but there weren't anymore.

   "Aw, maaaaan! We ate 'em all already!" he whined. He looked across the cafeteria to see Mondo eating with Kiyotaka and Chihiro. A sneaky grin crossed his face. "Sit tight, Himiko. I'll be right back." Himiko nodded as Kokichi stood up and headed over to the trio. He grabbed a chair and sat right next to Mondo, grinning cheekily at him.

   "Huh? Hey, what are you doin' here?!" Mondo exclaimed.

   "Kokichi! It is extremely rude to barge in when someone is having a conversation!" Kiyotaka scolded.

   "Yeah, yeah," Kokichi said, waving his hand dismissively. "Why don't you try lacing up that tongue of yours, Mr. Goody Two Shoes? Nagging isn't very healthy for the...sole! Nee-heehee!"

 "Ugh! Why..." Taka exclaimed, mortified.