Misfortune Teller (End)

"ME?!?! HIDEOUS?!?! " Kaito shouted. Shuichi turned to Kaito and started chuckling. "What are you laughing at, Shuichi?! That ain't funny!"

   "Haha, sorry, Kaito. It sort of is," Shuichi replied. 

   "You sayin' I'm hideous?!?!" Kaito asked incredulously. 

   "No, it's just funny that Himiko thinks...you're..." Shuichi paused to think for a moment. "Wait, Himiko...why would you think Hiro saw Kaito, and not Kokichi?"

   "Yeah! Kokichi's far more hideous than I am!" Kaito exclaimed. "Er...not that I'm hideous to begin with." Himiko sat there, tight-lipped. Shuichi's eyes widened with realization.

   "It's Kokichi, isn't it?" he asked softly. A deep red blush appeared on Himiko's face, and she nodded. 

   "Huh? What's Kokichi? What are you two talkin' about?" Kaito asked. 

  "N-Nothing," Shuichi replied. He turned back to Himiko in surprise. "Really?" he asked. Himiko nodded eagerly, her blush deepening.

   "Why are you blushing so much, Himiko?" Kaito asked. Shuichi stood up.

   "That's not important right now, Kaito," he said before turning to Himiko with a smile. "What is important is that I think I know a way to fix this so that your future won't get ruined, Himiko." Himiko stood up with hope in her eyes.

    "Nyeh...we're going to burn Hiro at the stake?" she asked hopefully. 

    "N-No! Why would you suggest that?!" Shuichi exclaimed in shock and horror.

    "If we do that, his predictions might go with him!" Himiko explained. 

    "Well, if that were the case, I don't think you'd want to burn Hiro just yet," Shuichi said. "We have to go to him and confirm if what he saw in that crystal ball was actually Kaito."

   "Yeah! And it better not be, or I'll show him what hideous really looks like!" Kaito growled. "Callin' me hideous...the nerve of that guy!"

    "Well...actually Himiko called you hideous, Kaito,' Shuichi pointed out. "It might not be what Hiro saw."

   "But who else would have purple hair and be hideous?" Himiko asked.

   "KOKICHI!!!" Kaito roared. "What, you don't think he's hideous, Himiko?!" 

   "Um...well, I, uh..." Himiko stammered.

   "Uh, come on, you two, let's just go," Shuichi chimed in, trying to keep Kaito from learning Himiko's secret. The three of them walked over to Hope House and rang the doorbell. Makoto answered the door and allowed them inside, showing them to Hiro's room. Shuichi knocked on Hiro's door.