Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (19)

Kokichi spent the next few hours searching for Himiko. She wasn't anywhere else in the school, or back home at Casa V3. He searched nearby shops and restaurants, but she wasn't anywhere to be found. He grew more and more worried as the night wore on. He searched around town, desperately asking people if they've seen a short girl with red hair. Finally, he stopped at a lonely bullet train station underneath a clock tower with nobody around except the passengers boarding the bullet train in front of him. He plopped himself onto one of the platform benches and buried his face into his hands in dismay.

   "Himiko...where are you?" he whispered despondently. He looked up at the clock on the tower, which read 11:50. He let out a dejected sigh. It was getting late, and he couldn't find her. He decided that it was best to continue his search for her in the morning. With his head hung low, he stood up and began walking away, until he heard faint crying. He perked up and looked around. The bullet train in front of him began to speed away. When it finally passed, Kokichi was able to see the platform across the one he was standing on. There, on the other side, was Himiko, sitting on a bench and weeping her little heart out. She was in her true fairy form, with her wings and crown showing. 

   "Himiko!" Kokichi exclaimed excitedly. Himiko looked up at him, but she merely stared at him with a heartbroken expression. Making sure no more bullet trains were coming, Kokichi dashed out onto the train tracks and to the platform on the other side. "Himiko!" he called out one more time before throwing his arms around her. Himiko pushed him away.

  "Go away!" she cried. Kokichi looked at her in bewilderment.

   "Himiko, what happened?" he asked. 

   "You know what happened!" Himiko sobbed. "You tricked me! Oil Tank was right! You were lying to me the whole time!" Kokichi closed his eyes, trying not to laugh.

   "Tenko," he corrected. "Her name is Tenko, Himiko."

   "Tincan, Toucan, Tinky-Winky, who cares?!" Himiko whimpered as she dabbed her eyes with a hanky. Kokichi sat next to her.

   "Himiko, when did Tenko say that to you?" he asked softly. 

   "Yesterday, when you were in that room doing...whatever it is you do in there," Himiko answered. "She said that you were pretending to be my friend, and that you would try to hurt me. She even said that to me on the first day I met her."

   "Did she also say that she wanted you to go with her to the dance?" Kokichi asked. Himiko looked up at him in surprise.

   "Yes. Sniff...how did you know?" 

   "Because I know Tenko," Kokichi muttered. "She might have had something to do with what happened to you back at the dance."

   "You mean...you didn't leave me a cup of juice with a note?" Himiko asked.

   "No, Himiko, I didn't do that," Kokichi replied, looking Himiko in the eye. "Tenko probably did that. And I think she somehow found out about you being a fairy godgirlfriend. It sounded like she was going to expose you in front of everyone, probably to keep you away from me."