Shuichi Saihara, Where Are Ya? (End)

The police and firemen arrived shortly after. After letting everyone listen to the conversation between him and Penny that he had recorded on his phone, Barty, Bessie, and Penny were placed under arrest. 

   "...so that's why Barracuda Blatherskite was created, to scare tourists and others away so that Barty, Bessie, and Penny could get away with the gold without anyone realizing what was really going on," Kokichi concluded.

   "What I don't understand is, if Bessie's the one in the costume now, who was the one in the costume we saw at the beach?" Fred asked. 

   "Duh, it was obviously Barty," Kokichi replied with a snarky grin. 

   "But, how do you know that?" Daphne asked.

   "I think I know why," Velma chimed in. "Remember when we first met Barty? He came in wearing sopping, wet boots...even when it hadn't been raining outside, yet."

   "I thought that was pretty strange," Fred said, rubbing his chin in thought.

   "Yeah, sure you did, Fred," Kokichi said. Fred balled his fists and glared angrily at Kokichi, who merely gave him a smug grin in return. 

   "And does that mean Iva...I mean, Penny was the one who was in the Barracuda Blatherskite the night you two got kicked out?" Shaggy asked Kokichi and Himiko. Kokichi shook his head.

   "Non, non...that was Bessie," he answered. "Himiko and I gave her a swirlie that night, and I noticed that when she had the costume off, her shirt was wet. It must have been from the toilet water."

   "So, it was only Bessie and Barty who dressed up as Barracuda Blatherskite," Fred said. "Did Penny stay in the secret room the whole time?"

  "Nope! She definitely stayed in Barty's room," Kokichi said. "We found her underwear there!"

   "Jeepers!" Daphne exclaimed, blushing bright red.

   "H-How do you know they weren't Bessie's?" Shaggy asked.

   "Nee-heehee...well, it definitely wasn't Bessie's, because Barty's name isn't Kiyo!" Kokichi joked. Shuichi and Himiko smiled and shook their heads, while everyone else stared at him in confusion.

   "It's a, um...it's an inside joke," Shuichi said with a shrug. 

   "You had no business snooping through my stuff!" Barty growled, glaring daggers at Kokichi. Kokichi gave him a bratty smile and stuck his tongue out at him. 

   "Well, that's what you get for involving yourself in some scatterbrained scheme and threatening to kill your sister after you killed your dad," he said.

   "You killed daddy?!" Bessie exclaimed, looking at Barty with horror. "You said he died in a boating accident!" Barty scoffed.