The Bad Boy (1)

"Awww, do I have to, Himi?" Kimiko whined. She and Himiko were in Himiko's secret magic room. 

   "Yes," Himiko replied, placing a spellbook on the table in front of Kimiko. "Mommy said you need to practice your magic. Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you can slack off."

   "Nyeh...says the one who's too lazy to do anything," Kimiko muttered under her breath. 

   "What did you say?" Himiko demanded, thrusting her fist on her hip. 

   "Nothiiiinnng," Kimiko sighed. 

   "Good!" Himiko said. "Now, start practicing. I'm gonna go to the store to buy more stuff for you and Tomiko." 

    "Okaaayyy..." Kimiko mumbled. She read the spellbook and began flicking her little wand. Himiko walked up the stairs out of the secret magic room. She entered Casa V3 and went straight to the kitchen to make a list. Suddenly, she heard mischievous laughter coming from the hallway. She looked up to see Kiki running with Kokichi chasing her, holding a ball. He threw it at her, but she dodged it.

   "Ha! You missed me! Pbbbtttt!" Kiki said, blowing a raspberry. Laughing, Kokichi picked up the ball and threw it again at Kiki. Kiki dodged it a second time, however, the ball hit Himiko upside her head.

   "OOF!!" she yelped. "Nyeeeeh...KOKICHI!!"

   "Oopsie! Sorry, Himiko!" Kokichi said. He walked up to her and rubbed her head to make sure she was alright. 

   "Nyeh...what are you two doing, anyways?" Himiko asked testily. 

   "We're playing Dodgeball Tag!" Kiki said. "Kokichi and I invented it just this morning!"

   "Yeah! Whoever gets hit with the ball gets tagged, and so now they're it, and they have to chase someone else around to try and tag them with the ball," Kokichi added. 

   "Why would you make that a game?" Himiko asked. 

   "So it wouldn't be boring, duh!" Kokichi and Kiki replied at the same time. Himiko smiled and rolled her eyes.

   "You guys are some crazy cousins," she said. 

   "Thaaaat's right!" Kokichi and Kiki replied.

   "Hey, Himiko? Where's Kimiko?" Kiki asked. "I wanna ask her if she wants to play with us, too!"

   "Um...she's busy doing homework," Himiko replied. 

   "Huh...during winter break?" Kiki said. "What kind of homework is she doing?" 

   "Nyeh...um, spelling," Himiko replied, shooting Kokichi a discreet look. Kokichi nodded and smiled at Himiko's joke.