Shuichi Saihara, Where Are Ya? (1)

"Pick a card! Any card!" Himiko said in a mysterious voice, holding out a deck of cards to Kokichi. It was a dark and rainy day, and the two were stuck inside the house trying to stave off the boredom. Himiko decided to entertain Kokichi with her magic. 

  "Okaaay...I'll choose...this one!" Kokichi said, pulling out a card, making sure to keep it facing down.

  "Now...peek at your card, but don't let me see it," Himiko said. Kokichi peeked at his card and groaned in frustration.

   "Awww...I wanted the ace of spades, but I got the three of hearts, insteeaaad," he whined. 

 "HEY!!! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY IT OUT LOUD!!" Himiko yelled. 

   "Nee-heehee...that was a lie!" Kokichi snickered. Himiko pouted at him.

   "Stop that!" she huffed. 

  "Sorry! Sorry!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. He placed the card back onto Himiko's deck. "Okay, you can go ahead and guess my card, Himipotamus!" Himiko began expertly shuffling her cards. Kokichi smiled with excitement.

  "Nyeeeeh...is this your card?" Himiko asked, pulling out a two of clubs.

  "Ugh...no," Kokichi replied with a frown. Himiko tried again. 

  "Is this your card?" Himiko asked, pulling out a two of hearts. 

  "No, again," Kokichi mumbled, poking his bottom lip out. Himiko tried once more.

  "Nyeh...is this your card?!" she asked for the final time, showing Kokichi a ten of diamonds. He stared at her with disappointment.

   "Seriously, Himiko?" he asked. "That's not my card, either!" Himiko hung her head in shame.

   "I guess I'm not a good enough mage, after all," she mumbled sadly. Kokichi eyed her curiously.

   "Are you lying?" he asked as a small smile began to creep across his face. Himiko looked up at him with a small, mischievous smile of her own. 

   "Nyeh...why don't you check your sleeve and find out?" she answered. Kokichi eagerly checked his sleeve and found Kokichi's card, the king of hearts, inside. 

   "Whoooaaaaaa!! That was so cool, Himiko!" he exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her. "You truly are magical, Monkey Buns!" 

   "You got that right," Himiko said. Kokichi gave her a big, wet smooch on her cheek. "Ew, gross," Himiko said, wiping it off.

   "Hey! Don't wipe it off, woman!" Kokichi pouted, grabbing Himiko's wrists to keep her from wiping it off. Himiko giggled as she and Kokichi began to wrestle with Himiko's arm. As they did, Shuichi walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, heaving an exhausted sigh. He picked up the remote and turned the TV on.