Double Date (2)

HimiCocoa Beeaaan, are you ready?" Kokichi called out as he tapped Himiko and Tenko's bedroom door with his knuckles. It was the following evening, and Kokichi was already dressed and ready for the double date. 

  "Nyeh...just a secooond!" Himiko sang back. Kokichi chuckled to himself as he patiently waited for Himiko to finish. Suddenly, she opened the door. "Okaaay! I'm ready!" she announced grandly. 

   "Lookin' good, Monkey Buns!" Kokichi said. 

  "Thanks, Panta Bear!" Himiko replied. Then, she eyed him with suspicion. "Wait...that wasn't a lie, was it?" Kokichi groaned and tossed his head back.

 "Ugghh...okay, fine, that dress is hideous, and it makes your butt look ten times bigger and your face look ugly," he lied. 

   "Now that's more like it!" Himiko said, nodding her head confidently. Kokichi smiled and shook his head at her before stroking her cheek affectionately. Himiko shyly twiddled her fingers. "Nyeh...Kokichi? Since we're trying to keep Maki and Kaito together, do you think you can lay off the insults a bit?"

   "Nee-heehee...not a chance!" Kokichi replied. 

   "B-But...what if you make things worse for them?" Himiko asked incredulously. Kokichi reached out to stroke the back of Himiko's hand with his thumb. 

   "Trust me, Himiko, everything will be a-okay," he assured her. Himiko placed her other hand on her hip. 

   "You promise?" she asked, raising her brow at him.  

   "Of course!" Kokichi said. "I'm not rude just for the sake of being rude, y'know? Sometimes, I'm rude because I care."

   "Well, I guess that's true," Himiko admitted. "You do have a weird way of showing affection."

   "Exactly!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin.

  "So...when you insult Miu a lot, does that mean that you really care about her?" Himiko asked curiously.

  "Oh, hell, no!" Kokichi answered in disgust. "I just do it because it's fun and because she's a submissive, cowardly little bitch who'll do whatever I tell her to whether she likes it or not." 

   "Kokichi...?" Himiko said, staring at him.

   "Hm? What's wrong?"

   "You scare me sometimes," Himiko finished. 

   "Welp, I am the supreme leader of evil!" Kokichi pointed out. "Besides, I thought you liked being evil, too."

   "Hm...only when I think of an evil plan, first," Himiko replied. "Because that's when I feel the 'Kokichiosity' course through my veins. But other than that, being evil can be a pain sometimes. Insulting other people seems like too much work, especially if you wanna come up with clever insults."