Kokichi and Himiko's Great Penguin Rescue (14)

Himiko rushed towards the water, but Kokichi grabbed her by the waist to stop her. She desperately struggled to escape his grasp. 

  "Let me go, Kokichi!" she screamed as tears streamed from her eyes. 

   "No, Himiko! It's too dangerous!" Kokichi said as Himiko kicked and screamed. Himiko turned back to Pinkwin, who was staring in horror at the looming jaws of the killer whale before him. 

   "PINKWIN!! SWIM!!! SWIM!!" she cried. She tried wriggling once more out of Kokichi's arms. "KOKICHI!!! WE HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!" Kokichi released her, but before Himiko could make a run for the water, he dashed out instead. 

   "Stay there!" Kokichi called back to her. 

  "BOSS!! DON'T BE A HEROOOO!!!" Four shouted after Kokichi. Kokichi ran into the freezing waters, wading through it as fast, yet carefully, as he could to get to Pinkwin. Just as the killer whale was about to bite down on Pinkwin, Kokichi grabbed the little penguin just in time and pulled him away. The killer whale didn't give up. It pushed forward towards Kokichi. Kokichi turned and began to trudge back towards the shore, but the killer whale was faster. Kokichi then felt something clamp around his leg. He gasped in shock and fear before being pulled under the water. 

   "KOKICHI!!!" Himiko screamed. She made a dash towards the water, but Three stopped her. Everyone watched the still water as they held their breaths in fearful silence. Finally, after what felt like hours, the killer whale washed up onto the shore, opening its mouth to spit Kokichi and Pinkwin out. Himiko and the others rushed over to Kokichi. Himiko threw her arms around him. 

   "Kokichi!! Are you okay?! Are you okay?!" she asked, frantically gripping his shoulders. Kokichi coughed a few times as he shivered violently. He looked up at the others in a daze. 

   "I'm okay," he said. "Just a little...dizzy."

   "Are you sure, Kokichi?!" Five said, kneeling next to him. Kokichi's heavy breathing and shivering became steady. 

   "Yeah...I'm sure," he said. "I'm...actually...okay." Strangely enough, he stood up with ease after going through that whole ordeal. He felt his coat, which was oddly dry, despite being pulled completely underwater. 

    "Kokichi, you're completely dry!" Ten exclaimed. 

    "How is that even possible?!" Five gasped, feeling Kokichi's coat and face.

    "I-I'm...I'm not sure," Kokichi admitted, though he did have an idea. He looked over at Himiko, who had a puzzled expression on her face.

   "H-How are you even...alive?" Nine asked in disbelief. "You...could have died!" After Nine uttered those words, Seven's mouth began to quiver. Before she could allow anyone to see the tears fall from her eyes, she wrapped her arms around Kokichi and buried her face into his coat. Kokichi hugged her back tightly and rested his head on the top of hers. Soon, the other D.I.C.E. members wrapped their arms around Kokichi in one big embrace. After a moment of somber reunion, they broke the hug. Kokichi turned to Himiko with a small smile, and held Pinkwin out to her. He was holding some fish in his wings.