The Ultimate Supreme Lady (7)

"Nyeh...vote Himiko for a magical school year!" Himiko announced in the hallway to the students walking by. As the following days had passed, she and her fellow competitors were campaigning in the hallways, handing out buttons, stickers, flyers, and promises they probably wouldn't be able to keep. As Himiko announced to the other students to vote for her, Gonta and Kaito were standing next to her, handing out roses to the other students. By Himiko's request, Tenko and Akane were hanging up "The Amazing Himiko For President!" posters. 

  "Hello, Himiko! How is the campaigning going?" Sonia asked sweetly as she and Kaede walked up to Himiko.

   "Well, I guess it's going great so far, thank you," Himiko replied. 

  "KAITO!! What are you doing?!" Kaede exclaimed. "I thought you were going to vote for me?! Why are you supporting Himiko?! Um...no offense, Himiko, but...still?!"

   "Oh! Well, because I believe in her!" Kaito replied. "Besides, nobody believes that someone like her would be president, right? Well, she's tryin' to show everyone that the impossible is possible! And so, I decided to support her!"

   "Himiko, I'm sorry, but, do you even know the first thing about being class president?" Kaede asked. 

   "Do you? " Himiko countered, crossing her arms defiantly. 

   "Well...no, not really," Kaede admitted. "But, Himiko, to be class president, you have to possess some leadership skills, and you kinda have to know what you're doing. It's not exactly for someone like...y'know...you." Himiko narrowed her eyes at Kaede.

   "So you're calling me a brainless oaf?" she asked in a low voice. "And that I could never be a leader if I wanted to be?"

   "N-No! Not at all!" Kaede stammered. "I'm just saying that-"

  "Because that's exactly what that sounded like to me! " Himiko interrupted with a voice loud and clear. "Let me tell you something, Kaede! I'm saying that I am going to be class president whether you like it or not! And if you have a problem with it, you can go play a sad, little tune on your piano and cry about it over there! You're much better at tickling the ivories than tickling anyone's fancy, anyway."

  "H-Himiko!" Kaede exclaimed in shock.

   "That's my name! Don't wear it out!" Himiko said, pursing her lips sassily. 

   "Himiko, I do not wish to worry you, but it is possible you might not win the election," Sonia said. "That is why Kaede and I came over. It seems that Byakuya is winning everyone over."

   "Huh? Byakuya?" Kaito asked. "Why him?! He's a massive jerk!"

  "Yeah, but he's giving away money," Kaede said. "We don't stand a chance against that. Not even Junko."

   "Yes, it seems that we might as well give up," Sonia said forlornly. 

   "Nyeh...money, shmoney! I'm not scared of Byaku-yuckface!" Himiko spat. The others looked at her in bewilderment, even Kaito and Gonta. "If you guys are gonna give up because of that, then you don't deserve to be class president at all!"

   "H-Himiko!" Sonia exclaimed.

  "Whoa, Himiko! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" Kaito cheered. 

   "Himiko...are you okay?" Kaede asked. "You've been acting strange, lately."

   "Oh, you mean, I haven't been acting like the dumb, lazy, helpless loser you always expect me to be?" Himiko asked. 

   "No, you just...seem more determined," Kaede replied quietly. 

   "Because I've got more important things to worry about than some piano-playin' bimbo or some snobby little rich kid getting in my way!" Himiko replied. 

   "BIMBO?!" Kaede exclaimed.

   "Nyeh...you heard me, blondie, now beat it!" Himiko demanded. 

   "C'mon, Sonia," Kaede sighed. She and Sonia gave Himiko a worried look before walking off. Himiko narrowed her eyes at them. 

   I'll show them, she thought to herself. They'll be sorry they ever doubted me!

   *** 

   Wednesday came along, the day before election day. It was the day where the candidates would be giving their campaign speeches. Headmaster Kirigiri reminded the students that the class president would be announced Friday morning in the gym, where the newly-elected class president would give their winning speech. Today, the students were gathered in the gym to listen to the candidates' campaign speeches. 

   First, Junko went up, then Taka, Byakuya, Sonia, and Kaede. Himiko was last to go. She took a deep breath as she straightened Kokichi's hat on her head, and marched to her position behind the podium, her supreme leader dress flowing elegantly behind her. The ocean of students before her waited silently with anticipation. She looked over to her competitors standing offstage behind the curtain watching her. Junko and Byakuya sneered at her. Taka merely nodded his head at her. Sonia gave Himiko a sweet smile, while Kaede gave her a smile that seemed more concerned than encouraging. She even noticed Headmaster Kirigiri with a drunken smirk on his face.

   It's like everyone here is waiting for me to screw up! she thought to herself. The students, teachers, and her competition. She wouldn't let them have the chance to mock and laugh at her. Turning back to the large crowd of students before her, Himiko narrowed her eyes and cleared her throat. She lifted her chin and inhaled deeply. 

   "I am Himiko Yumeno," she said in a clear and confident voice. "For those who don't know me, I am the Ultimate Mage. For those who do know me, you know this already. You also know me as a lazy and useless little girl with her head constantly in the clouds, but I'm here to tell you...that is all going to change. My change isn't going to be the only one around here, however. If I am elected, the school will be changed to whatever you desire it to be. Whether it be a bughouse filled with butterflies..." She paused as she twirled gracefully and opened her arms, releasing a kaleidoscope of magical and colorful butterflies with glittering wings. The crowed murmured in amazement. "...or a pocket full of cash..." With two fingers, she removed Kokichi's hat, reached into it, and pulled out a wad of money, effortlessly flinging it at the students before her. They gasped with excitement as they reached out for it. "...it shall be my duty to make it happen!" She placed Kokichi's hat back onto her head, and continued to speak eloquently. "You will find that not only will I and the school change, but everyone else here, as well! Vote for me, and I will change this school for the better! It will be marvelous! It will be magnificent! It will be magical!" She paused one more time to lift her arms grandly above her, releasing bright and sparkling fireworks. "Vote the Amazing Himiko for class president, and all your dreams will come true!" She gave an elegant bow, and to her surprise and delight, the crowd roared with applause. They even began chanting her name. Unbeknownst to them, however, Himiko smiled evilly to herself as she crossed her fingers behind her back.