Kokichi Meets His Parents (End)

The next morning, Kokichi and Himiko woke up in their pillow fort in the living room to Kaede's voice. 

   "Hey, you guys?" she said, peeping into the pillow fortress. Kokichi and Himiko stirred. They opened their eyes to see Kaede. 

    "Mooorniiing, Kaede!" Kokichi replied with his usual cheeky grin. Though he was still recovering from the events the day before, he felt a little better after a good night's sleep with Himiko next to him.

   "Kokichi, there's someone here to see you," Kaede said. Kokichi looked at her quizzically.

    "Who is it?" he asked. 

     "Some couple with their daughter, or something," Kaede replied. Kokichi's eyes widened. It was his, aunt, uncle, and Kiki.

   "Tell them I'll be out in a minute," Kokichi said. Kaede nodded and left. Kokichi turned to Himiko. 

    "Nyeh...how do you feel now, Panta Bear?" Himiko asked him. Kokichi sighed and shrugged. 

   "A little better. I'm still sad, but...I think I can handle it...as long as you're here with me," he said, placing his hand on Himiko's. Himiko smiled at him, and Kokichi smiled back. "Well...let's go see what's going on with Kiki and her parents." Hand in hand, they exited their pillow fort and headed to the front door. Kokichi opened the door to see his aunt, uncle, and Kiki. He smiled at them as he and Himiko walked outside and closed the door behind them. "Hey," he said. 

   "Kokichi!" Kiki said with a large grin. Kokichi chuckled and gave Kiki a hug. 

    "Did you...see them?" Aunt Akiko asked. Kokichi nodded. 

    "Yeah..." he replied softly. Aunt Akiko's eyes widened with fear. 

   "You mean, even though your father knew who you were, he let you get away?" she breathed incredulously. Kokichi frowned at her in confusion. 

   "Well, first of all, I didn't tell him who I really was," he said. "I pretended to be a school journalist, and I was able to pull the truth out of him."

   "Haha, pretty slick!" Uncle Akio said, impressed. 

    "Well, anyway, did you guys know he was planning to..." He paused and looked at Kiki. Aunt Akiko followed his gaze and knew what he was thinking. 

    "Ah, um...Kiki, sweetheart, this is grown up talk," she said. "Why don't you head inside?"

    "Awww, but I can handle it! I promise!" Kiki pouted. 

   "Hey, Kiki, do you wanna go see Kokichi's room?" Himiko chimed in. Kiki's eyes lit up. 

   "Yeah! Yeah!" she said. "Can I, Kokichi?!" Kokichi chuckled.