Misfortune Teller (2)

"How do you know you're going to marry Kaito?" Angie asked as she comforted Himiko and stroked her hair. Himiko was laying down next to Angie, burying her head onto Angie's shoulder.

   "B-Because...Hiro said the person inside the crystal ball had purple hair..." Himiko sniffled.

   "But...Kokichi has purple hair, Himiko," Tenko pointed out.

   "H-Hiro also s-said that the p-person inside was...was...hideouoouuss!" Himiko wailed. 

  "Oohhh...but Kaito is not hideous at all!" Angie said. "He is very handsome, indeed!"

   "Not compared to Kokichi," Himiko mumbled sadly. "Nyeh...Kokichi is...perfection."

   "How?! " Tenko asked in disgust. "He's a liar! He's pale, short, creepy...his hair looks like someone just plopped a bunch of purple hay on his head and left it there!" Himiko shot a warning glare at Tenko. "Ah! But...if you're into lying, pale, short, creepy, purple-plopping-hay haired boys, then it's totally fine!" Tenko added, holding her hands up in defense. Himiko sat up forlornly. 

  "Nyeh...I guess I have to go greet my...my...future husband," she muttered, shuddering in horror and disgust as she did so. 

   "Would you like us to go with you, Himiko?" Angie asked.

   "No...this is something that I have to face alone," Himiko mumbled. "I mean, if the rest of my life is going to be spent with Kaito, I might as well get used to being miserable all the time."

   "I'm pretty sure Kaito would make a fabulous husband!" Angie said cheerfully.

   "Yeah, right! A good husband is a dead husband!" Tenko scoffed. "Himiko, you don't have to listen to Hiro's fortune! You're the one who can build your own future!"

   "Nyeh...that's what people who aren't doomed to a lifetime of woe and misery usually say," Himiko responded despondently. 

   "But Hiro's predictions come true only 30% of the time," Tenko pointed out. "He could be wrong about this, you know?"

   "But he's the Ultimate Clairvoyant," Himiko pointed out, as well. "He has that title for a reason."

   "Hmm...though it's still not really clear why," Angie added thoughtfully. 

   "Anyway...I'm off to begin my life of doom and gloom," Himiko sighed, trudging out of her and Tenko's bedroom. She shuffled her feet downstairs to the boys hallway. She slowly raised her fist to knock on Kaito and Shuichi's bedroom door. Shuichi answered.

   "Himiko, what's wrong?" he asked with concern. "Are you okay?" Himiko shook her head.

   "No..." she mumbled. "My time on Earth as a happy, little mage is about to come to an end." Shuichi widened his eyes in alarm.