Hiyoko's Infatuation Complication (3)

Hiyoko made it to Art class just in time. She noticed Himiko sitting towards the back. How would she get the chance to befriend her? The teacher, Ms. Koshigi, stood in front of the class to make an announcement. 

   "Class, we're going to do an art project about feelings and emotion," she said. "You pick an emotion and I want you to create a work of art that represents that emotion. Since there aren't enough emotions for each of you, I want you guys to pair up. So...get to it!" The students began to separate into pairs. Hiyoko saw Sonia walking towards Himiko. Hiyoko zoomed towards Himiko before Sonia could sit in the seat next to Himiko. 

   "Hiiiii, Himiko," Hiyoko said with a seemingly innocent grin. 

   "Nyeh?!" Himiko exclaimed in confusion.

   "Oh...are you going to be Himiko's partner, Hiyoko?" Sonia asked.

   "Yeah, yeah! So beat it, already!" Hiyoko spat, waving her hand dismissively at Sonia. 

   "Um...okay," Sonia mumbled before walking away. Hiyoko turned to Himiko. 

   "Y-You wanna be...my partner?!" Himiko asked incredulously. 

   "Hee-hee...I think we should be more than partners," Hiyoko giggled cheerfully.

   "M-More than partners?!" Himiko gasped.

   "I think you know what I'm getting at," Hiyoko said.

   "You wanna be...my girlfriend?! " Himiko gasped in horror.

   "Ugh...no, you stupi-...I mean...hee-hee...no, silly! I just meant that I wanna be your friend!" Hiyoko answered.

   "Oh...why?" Himiko asked. 

   "Well, cuz...why not?" Hiyoko replied with a shrug.

  "Well, for one, you hate and insult me all the time," Himiko pointed out. "Nyeeeh...you even threw green paint all over me that one time!"

  "Well...sorry," Hiyoko mumbled. 

  "No, you're not," Himiko said. "I think I'm gonna go find someone else to work with." She stood up to leave, but Hiyoko grabbed her arm.

   "Wait!" she shouted. Himiko turned to her in surprise. Hiyoko backed off a little. "The truth is...I...I..." Himiko folded her arms expectantly.

   "Yes?" she asked, raising a brow.

  I'm gonna hate myself for this! Hiyoko grumbled in her mind. She tried her best to give Himiko a friendly, cheerful smile. "The truth is...I've always wanted to be like you! You're so b-b...b-b...b-beau...ti...fuuuul! Yes! Beautiful! Hee-hee! And you're so good at what you do!" She felt like rubbing a bar of soap across her tongue after saying all that.