Love Potion Commotion (1)

"Nyeh...I guess you were right, Kokichi," Himiko mumbled glumly to Kokichi as she stuck her hand out from under Kokichi's umbrella to feel the light drizzle. They were walking home from the ice cream parlor, Cookies 'N' Cream.

   "Nee-heehee...I toooold you, Himiko!" Kokichi teased. "Always listen to the forecast!"

   "I can't believe how fast the weather changed," Himiko pouted. "It was sunny on the way to Cookies 'N' Cream." 

   "Yuppers! That's weather for ya!" Kokichi replied.

   "Nyeh...what a pain," Himiko grumbled. 

   "Right? Good thing I brought my umbrella, or we would have been walking home all damp and cold," Kokichi said. "That would have been a real pain!"

   "I guess you're right," Himiko reluctantly agreed. "Besides, it is only a drizzle. There's nothing else that could make this day more depressing than it already is. Nyeh?" Himiko suddenly stopped, causing Kokichi to stop, as well.  

   "Hm? Why'd you stop?" he asked. Himiko pointed across the street to a cemetery. Standing in front of a gravestone was Ryoma. Kokichi and Himiko hid behind the corner of a nearby building and watched as Ryoma placed a bouquet of flowers in front of the gravestone. He hung his head solemnly before exiting the cemetery in his usual somber silence. Kokichi and Himiko exchanged curious glances before heading across the street, and into the cemetery to the gravestone, where Ryoma had stood. They peered at the name on the gravestone.

   "'Here lies Serena Isner,' " Kokichi read. "'A beautiful ray of sunshine to brighten the day when gloomy clouds blocked my way. Rest in peace the way you have always rested in my mind, and in my heart.' 

   "Nyeh...that's so beautiful," Himiko murmured softly. Then she looked to Kokichi. "But...who's Serena Isner?" Kokichi shrugged.

   "I dunno," he replied. "Whoever she is, she doesn't sound like she's from around here. And she was definitely someone important to Ryoma."

  "Maybe we should go ask Ryoma who she was," Himiko suggested. 

   "Welp...I had no other plans for today," Kokichi admitted. "Okie-dokie, Himikokie! Let's go talk to Ryoma!" They hurried home and changed into warmer clothes before heading over to Ryoma and Keebo's room. The door was open, which was odd when Keebo was absent. Ryoma usually had the door closed to keep himself isolated from everyone else. However, if curiosity happened to get the best of anyone, they could simply peek into Ryoma's room at that moment, which is exactly what Kokichi and Himiko did. Ryoma's back was facing them. He was sitting on top of the windowsill, staring longingly outside through the raindrops tapping on his window, as if the rain itself could somehow relate to and comfort him. In his hand was a photo. Himiko looked to Kokichi, who merely shrugged and nodded in encouragement to her. Himiko nodded back.

   "Um...Ryoma?" she finally said, slowly walking into the room with Kokichi right next to her. Ryoma turned to look at them.