Love Potion Commotion (5)

Later that afternoon, Kokichi and Himiko waited at Cookies 'N' Cream for Ryoma and Ibuki to arrive. Himiko grumpily leaned her head onto her arms.

   "Nyeh...I can't believe I was dumb enough to pick off Ibuki's hair from Celeste's dress," she grumbled. 

   "Nee-heehee....don't worry about it, Himiko!" Kokichi replied. "Besides, this is the part where we sit back and enjoy the fun!" Right after he said that, they both heard the bell on the front door jingle, indicating more customers. In stepped Ryoma and Ibuki. Kokichi and Himiko slid deeper into the booth they were sitting in to hide from sight as their classmates sat down at a nearby table.

   "Soooo, Ryomaaaa...hee hee...what made you wanna hang out with Ibuki today?" Ibuki asked. "Were ya hopin' for a music lesson?"

   "Well...not exactly," Ryoma admitted. "I just...had a sudden urge to want to be around you."

   "GAAASP!! MEGA GAAASP!! SUPER DUPER, FANTASTIC, EXTRA SPECTACULAR GAAAAASP!!!" Ibuki gasped as a cloud of foam emerged from her mouth. 

   "What's wrong?" Ryoma asked.

   "Are you confessing your love to me, Ryoma?!?!" 

   "Well...I'm not exactly sure," Ryoma replied, scratching his head in confusion. "I...I just woke up this morning, and the first person I thought about...was you. I...couldn't get you out of my mind. I guess that's when I knew I had to see you." Ibuki's face was beet red.

   "Wowie, wow, wow!" she gushed. "You just made my heart go all ba-thumpity, thump, thump, Ryoma! I didn't know you felt that way about me!"

  "To be honest...it happened all of a sudden," Ryoma admitted. "I don't know why, and I don't know how, but part of me feels like...like..."

   "Like what?" Ibuki asked in a soft, enchanted voice as she curiously leaned towards Ryoma. 

   "Like...we were meant to be together...?" Ryoma finally answered with a puzzled expression. Ibuki, however, was over the moon.

   "Aaaaaaaa!! Oh, my gosh!! I've never had anyone confess their feelings for me!" she squealed. "Ibuki feels so lucky! So honored to be in your presence, Ryoma!"

   "You mean...you're not bothered by it?" Ryoma asked.

   "Why would I be?" Ibuki said with an ecstatic smile.

   "I'm not exactly the easiest guy to get along with," Ryoma explained. "I'm always bringing down the mood and ruining the fun of others."

   "D'oohhh...so what if you're a negative Nancy?" Ibuki replied. "You just need some sunshine in your life to chase those gloomy clouds away!" Ryoma blinked in surprise.

   "What...did you say?" he asked.

   "Hm? Oh, I just said that you need some sunshine in your life to chase the gloomy clouds away!" Ibuki repeated. Ryoma stared at her in disbelief for a few seconds. A small smile then crossed his lips.