What's Behind The Mask? (End)

Kiki suddenly woke with a start. She frantically looked around the darkness. She hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep. She hurriedly reached into her pocket to grab her glow in the dark pocket watch, which read 11:55 p.m. Gasping, Kiki shook Kimiko awake. Kimiko stirred and blearily opened her eyes. 

    "Kimiko, look! It's almost midnight! We fell asleep!" Kiki whispered. Kimiko looked at the pocket watch. 

   "Nyeh...why do you have a pocket watch?" she asked sleepily. "Isn't that for old guys with liver spots and gray hair?" Kiki shrugged.

   "I like old-timey stuff," she admitted. "D'oh! That's not important right now! We need to grab the  racquets and the net before Kuchisake-Onna appears!" Kimiko yawned.

   "Can't we just let her kill us in our sleep?" she murmured as she snuggled back under the blanket. "I'm really sleepy." Kiki sighed.

    "If she does, you'll never be able to see Kokichi agaaaiiin," she teased. Kimiko bolted upright. 

   "We have to get those racquets and the net!" she said. 

    "I thought so!" Kiki replied with a cheeky grin. They scrambled out of the pullout bed and crouched down to grab the racquets and net from underneath. Suddenly, they heard footsteps out in the hallway slapping on the bare floor. 

    "She's coming!" Kimiko whispered. 

   "Get down!" Kiki whispered back. They squatted behind the bed, making sure not to be seen by whoever was coming into the living room. A shadowy figure walked into the living room and reached for the blanket on the bed. "NOW!!!" Kiki shrieked, and the two sprang into action. They started beating the figure with the tennis racquets.

   "Wha-?" came the person's voice. But before they could say anything, Kiki and Kimiko were already wailing on them.

   "TAKE THAT, YOU OLD HAG!!!" Kimiko screamed, beating the person's head. 

   "YOU'LL NEVER SLIT MOUTHS IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!!!" Kiki shrieked, smacking the person's back. 

    "Ow! Hey! Stop that!" the person screamed, but Kiki and Kimiko didn't hear. They were too busy whacking the person. "STOOOOOOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!" the person screamed. Kiki and Kimiko immediately ceased beating the person, who they could now recognize the voice of Tomiko's. Himiko flipped the light switch on and saw Tomiko laying in the fetal position, crying. Her arm was bleeding, and she a few cuts on her faces. Kiki and Kimiko stood there with guilty looks on their faces.

   "We're sorry, Tomiko," Kimiko mumbled shamefully.

    "We didn't know it was you," Kiki added. 

   "What are you two doing?!" Himiko demanded. 

   "W-We were just..." Kiki began. She was interrupted, however, by the sounds of doors opening and the concerned voices of the other students coming from the hallway. Kiki and Kimiko spied Kiyo among the group.