Shuichi Saihara, Where Are Ya? (2)

Everything was pitch black. Shuichi couldn't see anything, it was so dark. But, for some reason, he felt achy as if he had just fallen from a great height. He cracked his eyes open, allowing some light to flood his vision. However, a big, purple thing was obstructing his view from everything else. Opening his eyes further, he realized that Kokichi was next to him, leaning over his head with a large, mischievous grin.

   "Morniiing, sleepyhead!" he said. "You're finally up, Shuichi!"

   "Kokichi?!" Shuichi exclaimed in alarm.

   "Nee-heehee...are you gonna ask 'Who am I?' and 'Where am I?' Well, you're definitely Shuichi Saihara! And this place is...hmm...actually, I have no idea where this place is! Hahaha!" Kokichi said as he helped Shuichi to his feet. Shuichi looked around. He, Kokichi, and Himiko were standing on a neatly-trimmed lawn in front of a fancy-looking brick building. All along the street were many colorful, brick shops and other buildings that stood side-by-side with very little space in between. The scenery looked beautiful despite the gloomy overcast sky above.

   "Where are we?" Shuichi breathed as he dusted himself off. 

   "Well, if Himiko and I knew that, I wouldn't have just told you that I have no idea where we are," Kokichi pointed out. 

   "Well, how did we even get here?!" Shuichi exclaimed. "One second ago, I was just sleeping, and now...we're here all of a sudden!"

   "Nyeh...it's a dream, Shuichi," Himiko said, discreetly winking at Kokichi. Kokichi smiled at her with excitement before turning back to Shuichi and nodding his head.

   "It must be!" he said, playing along with Himiko. "That's how you were back at home one minute ago, and now we're here!"

   "But...this seems so...so real!" Shuichi said. He lowered himself to touch the grass. "Th-This grass feels so real!" He turned to Kokichi and Himiko. "I'm talking to you guys as if you were real! If I was dreaming, everything would seem rather hazy, or just so...surreal!"

   "Hmm, well, maybe you're a lucid dreamer, now, and everything seems clearer to you," Kokichi suggested. 

   "B-But..." Shuichi began.

   "Aaaanyways, Shuichi, why don't you just relax and have a little look-see with Himiko and me around town, okay?" Kokichi said. "Stop worrying so much! You're gonna die early if you do, y'know?"

   "That's right," Himiko agreed. "Sometimes, it's best to just go with the flow."

   "W-Well...if you say so," Shuichi stammered with uncertainty. He nervously followed Kokichi and Himiko through the small town, looking at the quaint, little shops. As they did, they could smell a saltiness in the air. "We must be near an ocean," Shuichi said. "You guys smell that?"

  "Oh, yeeeaaah," Kokichi answered as he and Himiko caught a whiff of the briny breeze. "But if there's a beach nearby, we can find it later. There's something else we gotta find first!"