The Miracle In the Elevator

Kokichi, Himiko, and Kaede were walking to the hospital. Kaede was holding a large wreath with a banner on which was written, "Get Well, Shuichi."

   "Nyeh...why did Shuichi end up in the hospital?" Himiko asked. "I forgot."

   "Nee-heehee...he threw out his back trying to kick a soccer ball!" Kokichi laughed. Kaede rolled her eyes. 

   "Ugh...he wasn't trying to kick the soccer ball, Kokichi!" she said before turning red with embarrassment. "He actually did kick it."

   "Pffft....yeah, right!! The soccer ball is the one that kicked his ass!!" Kokichi exclaimed, wheezing with laughter. 

   "Kokichi, shut up!" Kaede scolded. 

   "Okay, okay...one more!" Kokichi wheezed, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I bet if that soccer ball told Shuichi a joke, he'd get a kick out of it!! BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!" 

   "Nyeh...and how does he expect to be Kaito's sidekick if he can't even kick?!" Himiko added, making Kokichi laugh even harder. 

    "Hahahahahahaaa!! Good one, Monkey Buns!" he said, giving her a high five. Kaede sighed and rolled her eyes as they arrived at the hospital. 

   "Kokichi, Himiko, why are you two here if all you're going to do is laugh at Shuichi?" Kaede asked.

   "Because it wouldn't be an exciting Kokichi and Himiko fanfiction if we just stayed home," Kokichi replied. Kaede gave him a look of bewilderment. 

   "What did you say?!" she exclaimed.

   "Oh, I said we came for the hospital food," Kokichi said. "That stuff is really good!"

   "No! That's not what you said!" Kaede huffed testily.

   "Hm? I don't know what you're talking about," Kokichi said with a smile as he placed his hands behind his head. 

    "Whatever! Just forget about it," Kaede grumbled. "Shuichi's room is on the fifth floor, so let's take the elevator." 

   "O-kie-dokie!" Kokichi and Himiko replied. They followed Kaede into the elevator. Kaede was about to push the button for the fifth floor until a woman with a large tummy came rushing over.

  "Excuse me!" she said. "I'm so sorry! I don't mean to hold you guys up! I just need to get to the fourth floor."

   "Oh, it's no problem at all!" Kaede said kindly, holding the doors open for the woman.

   "Thank you," the woman said with a smile. Kaede pushed the button for the fourth floor, and the doors closed. 

   "Nyeh...so, when's the baby due?" Himiko asked, looking down at the woman's tummy.