Puppet Show! (5)

"Hey, Kazuichi," Kokichi said, entering the living room. Kazuichi turned from the game Hiyoko and Chiaki were playing to look at Kokichi.

    "What is it, now?" he muttered testily as he walked up to Kokichi, Kiki, and Kimiko. 

   "The sink in the bathroom isn't workiiing," Kokichi whined. "Can you do something about it?"

   "Why me?! " Kazuichi exclaimed. "I'm the Ultimate Mechanic, not the Ultimate Plumber, y'know?"

    "Close enough! You gotta try something! " Kokichi said. "Nobody else here is good at fixing things like you are!"

    "I suppose that is true," Kazuichi sighed. "Alright, let's go." 

    "Great!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. He and the two girls led Kazuichi to the bathroom. Once inside, Kokichi silently closed the door behind him while Kazuichi examined the sink. 

    "I don't see anything particularly wrong with it," he muttered. He stood up to face Kokichi. "Are you sure there's something wrong-" But, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the yo-yo Kokichi was swinging back and forth. Kazuichi stared blankly at the yo-yo, indicating that he was now under Kokichi's spell. 

   "You are now under my command, Kazuichi," he said. "You will listen to what I tell you, do you understand?" Kazuichi nodded. "Good!" He looked at Kiki and Kimiko. "Any ideas?"

    "How about a vicious dog?" Kiki suggested. 

    "Hee-hee...that's funny!" Kimiko giggled. 

   "A vicious dog it is, then," Kokichi said before turning back to Kazuichi. "Kazuichi, when you hear me say the word, 'canine,' you will become a vicious dog, do you understand me?" Kazuichi nodded wordlessly. "Good! Now, when I say the word, 'circus,' you will come completely out of your trance. You won't remember being hypnotized. Understand?" Kazuichi nodded again. "Good! Now, when I snap my fingers, you will wake up, and if anyone asked if you fixed the sink, you answer 'yes,' do you understand?" Kazuichi nodded. "Good!" Kokichi said before snapping his fingers. Kazuichi blinked as he came out of his trance. 

    "Whoa! What am I doing in the bathroom with you?!" Kazuichi asked Kokichi.

   "You were going to fix the sink," Kokichi said. "So...did you fix it?"

   "Yes," Kazuichi immediately answered. Then he frowned in confusion. "Wait...what did..."

   "Okie-dokie! Thanks for fixing the sink, Kazuichi!" Kokichi interrupted. "Oh! Could you bring Nekomaru in here? I need his opinion on something." He leaned forward to whisper in Kazuichi's ear. "It's a problem I've been having lately with my...bowels," he said.

   "That's gross, man!" Kazuichi said. "But, yeah, whatever. I'll go get him for ya." He ran off to go fetch Nekomaru. Kiki tugged on Kokichi's sleeve.