Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (17)

"Nyeh...you don't have anything to wear to the school dance, do you, Kokichi?" Himiko asked as she was sifting through Kokichi's closet that afternoon. Kokichi shrugged as he laid down on his bed playing paddleball. 

   "Eh, I've never had a reason to go," he replied. "I've never had a date or anybody to talk to. So, every time there was a school dance, I'd just stay home and play video games." Himiko turned to him with a sympathetic expression. 

   "You poor thing!" she exclaimed, rushing over to him. She wrapped her arms around his head, and gave him a small kiss on his forehead. Kokichi chuckled. A few days ago, he would have grossed out and wiped her kiss off his forehead, but now, he was really happy to be close to her. He found it strange that he warmed up to her so quickly, but at the same time, he was grateful to have her by his side. 

   "Well, anyway, that's what I'm here for, Kokichi!" Himiko said, thrusting her fists on her hips. "Why don't you wish for something to wear?" 

    "M'kay, then," Kokichi said, sitting up. "I wish I had a tuxedo to wear to the dance! Ooo! It's gotta be the coolest one there, and, GAAASP...a cape! A long, black, stylish cape!"

   "Aaa...that sounds really fancy!" Himiko cooed. 

   "Uh-huuuh...and eeeevil for our prank," Kokichi murmured mischievously. "Together, we'll crush the school dance...and look good while doing it! Nee-heehee!"

   "Nyeh...one fancy, evil tuxedo, coming right up!" Himiko said. She fluttered her wings and floated gracefully into the air, lifting her wand. She remembered her happy memory, which created the powerful magic flowing through her. Like before, a bright white orb emanated from her wand for a few seconds. Kokichi and Himiko had to shield their eyes from the blinding light. Then, the light began to grow dim until it completely vanished. There, hanging from Kokichi's closet door, was a black tux with a checkered tie, and a long, flowing cape.

   "Awesome!" Kokichi exclaimed, running up to the tux. "Haha, hey! I can't wait to go the dance, now!" He went over to Himiko and gave her a big hug. "Thanks, Himiko!" 

   "Nyeh...you're very welcome," Himiko replied with a dainty curtsy. Kokichi plopped onto his bed in disappointment. Himiko sat next to him and leaned her cheek onto his shoulder. "What's the matter?"

   "It's just...I haven't come up with any prank ideas for the school dance," Kokichi sighed. "I kinda wish I had some ideas." 

   "Nyeh...got it!" Himiko said.

   "Hm?" Kokichi asked, looking up. Himiko lifted her wand above her, the magic of her memory generating the orb light. A few seconds later, a long strip of paper appeared in Kokichi's hands. It was a list of prank ideas. Kokichi's face lit up.

   "Whoa! I wasn't even trying that time! Hahaha!" he laughed. He looked up at Himiko with a large grin. "Thanks again!" Himiko smiled sweetly at him and batted her eyelashes. "You know, Himiko...I'm really glad you're my fairy godgirlfriend."

   "Really?!" Himiko squealed with delight.

    "Yeah..." Kokichi replied with a small smile. His smile, however, faltered a bit. "Hey, Himiko? If you're supposed to be kept secret, what would happen if your true self was exposed?" Himiko's expression turned glum.

   "If somehow other people learn about my secret before the most important wish is made, I have to go away...forever," she replied. Kokichi stared at her in alarm. 

   "I...I still don't know exactly what the most important wish is," he admitted with a small shrug. Himiko gave him a sad smile.

   "That's okay," she said, patting his hand. "You...still have time to figure it out." Kokichi continued to stare at her. Something about what she just said made him feel uneasy, as if she had just told a lie. 

   "Himiko..." he began, but Himiko shook her head.

   "Nyeh...anyway, let's just focus on that prank list for now, okay?" she interrupted. She sat next to Kokichi with a smile of reassurance. "We've got a lot of work to do, right?" Kokichi smiled gently back at her.

   "Right," he replied. They leaned their heads against each other's as they perused the list of pranks. They were unaware, however, of the jealous girl lurking outside the door and eavesdropping on them.

   "So that's why Himiko is so perfect!" Tenko exclaimed in a hush voice, backing away from the door so as to not be heard by Kokichi and Himiko. "She's a...a...FAIRY GODGIRLFRIEND!!" Tenko then skulked up to her and Himiko's bedroom and closed the door behind her. Unbeknownst to her, she was being watched by someone who decided to eavesdrop at her door at that very moment. 

   "So...if I expose Kokichi's secret that he has a...FAIRY GODGIRLFRIEND...he'll lose her, and that'll be the only way to free Himiko from his evil clutches," Tenko muttered to herself. "Someone like Kokichi doesn't deserve...FAIRIES...let alone a...FAIRY GODGIRLFRIEND!! I'll let them carry out their prank, only Kokichi will be the butt of the joke this time. And that's when I'll expose his...FAIRY GODGIRLFRIEND...to everyone. Hahaha-COUGH! COUGH! " Tenko began to have a coughing fit. After  it was over, she took a few deep breaths. "Whoo! Doing an evil laugh is harder than I thought!" She walked to the door, and the mysterious person immediately ran to a nearby room. 

   "I think I'll go downstairs and listen some more," Tenko muttered to herself. "That way, I can learn what they're up to, and I'll be able to expose Kokichi's...FAIRY GODGIRLFRIEND...to everyone at the dance!" The mysterious person watched as Tenko skulked down the stairs. 

   "My, my! I guess it's up to me to rescue Kokichi and Himiko!" Angie said cheerfully to herself before sneaking down the stairs to keep an eye on Tenko.