Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU)(2)

Kokichi loitered around the school until class was over. When the bell rang, students came pouring out into the halls to go to their lockers and gather their belongings to get ready to go home for the day. Among the students, he found one who he thought would be interested in helping him carry out his greatest scheme ever. 

   "Heeeey, Gonta!" he said as he casually strolled up to Gonta with a seemingly innocent smile. Gonta gave Kokichi a cordial, yet cautious, smile in return.

   "Hello, Kokichi," he replied. "You need Gonta's help with something?"

   "Y'know, funny you should ask that, Gonta, because as a matter of fact, I do!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. 

   "Oh," Gonta mumbled warily. "Well, what you need Gonta's help for, Kokichi?"

   "Weeellll...you know that dance we're having this Friday?" Kokichi began, a sneaky grin forming across his face. Gonta nodded hesitantly in response. "I have a great idea to make it waaay more fun and exciting! So...are you in?" Gonta broke out into a smile of relief and happiness.

   "Oh! Gonta thought you wanted to pull prank on everybody at dance," he said. "But you only want to make things more fun! That very kind of you, Kokichi!"

   "I'm glad you think so, Gonta," Kokichi replied with a devious grin. "C'mon, let's go talk about it in our room and-"

   "Gonta...what's going on here?" interrupted Mahiru, who glanced at Kokichi with suspicion. 

   "Oh! Well, Gonta was talking with Kokichi about-" Gonta began.

   "It's none of your business!" Kokichi interrupted, frowning at Mahiru. "You wanted me to find other people to bother and so I did, now run along, Red!"

   "Ugh!" Mahiru scoffed, glaring at Kokichi. Then, she gave Gonta a kind smile. "Gonta, would you like to join us on the School Dance Committee? We could use a gentleman's help, after all."

   "But...Gonta already promised Kokichi that Gonta would help him," Gonta said. 

   "Gonta, I don't know what Kokichi is up to, but I'm pretty sure he's just trying to use you," Mahiru continued. 

   "Not true!" Kokichi huffed. "C'mon, Gonta, let's go, already!"

   "Um...o-okay," Gonta stammered hesitantly. Mahiru grabbed his arm to stop him.

   "No, Gonta," Mahiru said, shooting Gonta a warning look. 

    "Butt out, Mahiru," Kokichi said, grabbing Gonta's other arm, trying to pull him away from Mahiru. 

   "What's going on here?" Kaede asked.

    "I'll tell you what's going on here," Kokichi said. "I finally found a friend, like you guys wanted, and now Mahiru's trying to take Gonta away from me!"