Kokichi and Himiko's Great Penguin Rescue (5)

It was a harrowing day for the remainder of school. The students resumed their classes as normal, much to Himiko's annoyance. She felt as if the cops were going to come bust down the classroom door to arrest her at any second. Finally, after two long hours, the final bell rang, and the students were released from school. Himiko dashed out of the classroom.

   "Hey, Himiko!" Tenko said, catching up to her. "Why are you running?"

   "Nyeh...I reeaaallly wanna be alone, Tenko," Himiko answered, trying to pick up the pace. 

   "B-But...I could help you feel better," Tenko said. Himiko stopped dead in her tracks and eyed Tenko.

   "I said I want to be alone, Tenko," she enunciated firmly. 

   "Oh...okay..." Tenko mumbled sadly. Himiko continued running. She wasn't trying to be rude or mean, but she found it really hard not to be annoyed at Tenko sometimes. She pushed her feelings aside and headed home up to her and Tenko's room. She snuck into her closet and shut the door behind her. Kneeling to the floor, she removed her hat and reached into it to pull out the blueprints of the zoo. She spread them out onto the floor to look them over. The main blueprint showed the entire zoo complex. The other blueprints showed each specific part of the zoo. Himiko studied them very closely, but she didn't even know where to even begin on her plan of breaking into the zoo to rescue Pinkwin. She sighed in frustration. She knew she couldn't do it on her own. She had to ask D.I.C.E. for help, but she couldn't bear the thought of showing her face around there after hearing what they had to say about her. Unfortunately, she had no other choice.

   "Nyeh...what a pain," she muttered, lying down on the floor. Her eyelids began to droop the more she thought about her situation. Suddenly, she drifted off into a deep sleep. 

  Himiko woke with a start. She didn't know how long she'd been sleeping, but she realized that night must have fallen, considering that she couldn't see sunlight from underneath her closet door anymore. She stuffed the blueprints back into her hat before cautiously exiting her closet. Night had definitely fallen. Himiko looked at her clock and saw that it was 12:35. 

   "Oh, no!" she breathed in horror. Tenko was snoring loudly across the room, but Himiko tiptoed quietly, anyways, making double sure not to wake her. She remembered that D.I.C.E. was planning the heist at GameSlop, but she had to tell them about her plan to rescue Pinkwin. She just hoped she wasn't too late. She snuck out of the house and ran all the way to D.I.C.E. headquarters. 

    ***

   "Finally! We get to go on a hei-eist! We get to go on a hei-eist!" Four sang happily as he and his teammates were packing up some tools for their heist at GameSlop. 

   "You're not gonna bring your stupid 'grappling hook,' are you?" Five muttered. 

   "Ugh...can you just get over that, already, Emi?! I have!!" Four growled. 

   "Let's see...graffiti cans, gloves, walkie-talkies, goop launcher for the cameras," Kokichi muttered, checking the items off a list. "Hey, Daisuke, do you have the laser spray?"