Hiyoko's Infatuation Complication (1)

Hiyoko sat in the cafeteria of Hope's Peak Academy during breakfast, waiting for Mahiru. Mahiru appeared next to her and sat down, pushing her tray in front of Hiyoko.

   "Hiyoko, you need to eat," Mahiru said. "You haven't eaten anything, yet."

   "I'm not hungry," Hiyoko mumbled, plopping her head onto her arms, which were resting on the table.

   "Hiyoko...you haven't eaten much this whole week. I'm a little worried that you're not getting the proper nutrients that you need," Mahiru said with concern. "Are you sure you're okay?"

   "Thanks for worrying about me, Mahiru. You're so nice!" Hiyoko said, giving Mahiru a hug. "But, seriously, I'm fine! I just have a lot on my mind."

   "Well...okay," Mahiru said. "I have to finish something up in the yearbook club, so I have to leave. Here, I'll let you have my breakfast. Please eat something, Hiyoko?" Hiyoko smiled and rolled her eyes.

   "Okay, okay...if it'll get you to stop worrying so much about me," she said. Mahiru gave her a grateful smile.

   "Thanks, Hiyoko!" she said. She gave Hiyoko one last hug before leaving the cafeteria. Hiyoko pushed the tray away from her and leaned her arms and head back onto the table.

   "Yo, Hiyoko! Are you gonna finish that?" Akane asked, pointing at Mahiru's breakfast tray.

   "Knock yourself out," Hiyoko muttered in response. Akane snatched the breakfast tray away and hurried to another table to gobble up her breakfast. Hiyoko sighed. The truth is that ever since Hiyoko had her encounter with who she thought was the real Himiko, but instead was just a cheerleader clone of Himiko, she couldn't stop thinking about Himiko. Hiyoko turned her head to see Himiko sitting at another table by herself. Why was Himiko being so nice to her? And why was she dressed like a cheerleader? Did Himiko actually want to be her friend? All these thoughts swarmed Hiyoko's brain ever since then. Hiyoko groaned to herself before standing up. She had to admit that she was curious about Himiko wanting to be friends with her. She also had to admit that she kind of wanted to be Himiko's friend. After all, she'd been wanting more friends, since Mahiru had been quite busy with yearbook club lately. She walked over to Himiko's table.

   "Hey!" she grumbled. 

   "Nyeh?" Himiko asked looking up at Hiyoko with a puzzled expression. "You're talking to me? "

   "Well, duh, uggo! I'm not talking to the wall!" Hiyoko spat. 

  "W-Why are you talking to me if you're only going to insult me?!" Himiko huffed. Hiyoko rolled her eyes and sighed in a bit of an overdramatic way as she yanked a chair out to sit in.

   "Look...I just wanted to know why you were being so nice to me last week," she said. 

   "Nyeh? I don't remember that!" Himiko exclaimed. 

   "Don't play dumb!" Hiyoko said. "You were dressed as a cheerleader, and you helped me get gummies off the top shelf!"