Hiyoko's Infatuation Complication (End)

"Nyeh...the only thing I can think of when it comes to jealousy is a broken heart," Himiko said, sighing with disappointment.

   "Hahaha...maybe Hiyoko has some ideas!" Kokichi chimed in. "You do have some ideas...don't you, Hiyoko?" He stared at her with a sneaky grin. 

   "W-Why would y-you think I'd know th-that?!" Hiyoko stammered, clearly flustered. 

   "Just thought you'd have some ideas, since you did write them down earlier," Kokichi replied with a shrug. 

  "Well, I don't!" Hiyoko spat.

   "Fine! Man, you'll never get a boyfriend with that attitude," Kokichi muttered. Hiyoko felt her heart wrench.

   "Who said I even want a boyfriend?!" she huffed, crossing her arms. Then, she stood up. "I'll be back, I'm going to the bathroom!" She stomped out of the room, leaving Kokichi and Himiko alone, giggling mischievously together. 

  "Looks like our plan is working, Himiko," Kokichi said. 

  "Are you sure that Hiyoko was the one who wrote your name on the mirror?" Himiko asked. 

   "Ooohhh, yeah," Kokichi replied with a firm nod. "I mean, her reaction to me kissing you just now said it all. But I already knew when you told me that she kept asking about me in your art class, and when she showed me that book she was reading."

   "Oh, yeah. What did you say the name of that book was called, again?" Himiko asked. 

   "'The Boy Who Cried 'Gho-...hey! There's the book right there!" Kokichi said, pointing under the bed. He grabbed it and showed Himiko the cover. "'The Boy Who Cried Ghost,' " he finished. 

   "But, why would that be a clue?" Himiko asked.

   "Well, you know the story about the boy who cried wolf, right?" Kokichi asked.

    "Yeah, he told the villagers that there was a wolf when there was no wolf, and when an actual wolf came, he told the villagers, but nobody believed him," Himiko said. 

   "Uh-huuuuh...and what do you call that kid?" Kokichi asked. 

   "Nyeh...wolf food?" Himiko asked with a snort. 

   "Noooo, goofball! A liar!" Kokichi said. Himiko tossed her back with realization.

    "Ooooohhhhh..." she said. "I get it, now. She checked out that book because the main character is a liar, just like you. And she has a crush on you." Kokichi shook his head and chuckled.

   "I knew you'd get there sooner or later, Monkey Buns," he said, patting her shoulder. Himiko smiled proudly.