What's Behind The Mask? (6)

Later that evening, everyone was sitting at the dining room table, eating the dinner that Kirumi had prepared for everyone. Kiki and Kimiko were glaring fiercely at Kiyo across the table as he ate. He would briefly open the zipper of his mask to eat his food, then quickly close it after taking a bite.

   "Look at her...trying to hide her slit mouth," Kimiko whispered to Kiki. 

   "Don't worry...we'll expose her secret to everyone tonight," Kiki whispered back.

    "Today, she's a woman with a slit mouth," Kimiko muttered.

   "Tonight, she's mincemeat," Kiki finished, shoving her fist into her palm.

   "Nyeh...Kimiko, stop whispering and eat your food," Himiko scolded. 

    "I am eating!" Kimiko pouted, shoving her dinner into her mouth. "See?"

   "May someone please pass me the salt?" Kiyo asked. Everyone turned to look for the saltshaker. Kimiko was the closest one to it. Kiyo smiled creepily at her. "Could you pass me the salt, please, Kimiko?" Kimiko folded her arms, as did Kiki.

   "Why? Are you going to use it to melt yourself like the evil spirit you are?" Kimiko said. 

   "I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about," Kiyo said. "All I desire is the salt."

   "You want it? Get it yourself," Kiki said. 

    "Awww, you tell him, you two!" Tenko gushed. 

    "I'll get it for you, Kiyo," Shuichi said, reaching across the table, shooting Kiki and Kimiko a confused look. 

    "Thank you, Shuichi," Kiyo replied, and began sprinkling his food with salt.

   "Do you guys still think Kiyo is Kuchisake-Onna?" Kaede asked Kiki and Kimiko. Kiki and Kimiko looked at each other.

   "No," Kiki lied. "We got over that."

   "Then...why are you still suspicious of Kiyo?" Shuichi asked. 

   "Why do you have a plate of food in front of you if you're not gonna eat it?" Kimiko countered sassily at Shuichi. Some of the others laughed, oohed, and pointed at Shuichi, who blushed with embarrassment and sheepishly continued eating his food. 

    "You two seriously thought Kiyo was Kuchisake-Onna?" Maki asked. 

   "Ugh...is this dinnertime, or an interrogation?!" Kimiko asked, throwing her arms up in frustration. 

   "Awww, you're so cute, just like your sister, Kimiko!" Tenko squealed. Kimiko rolled her eyes.