Kokichi Meets Himiko's Mom (End)

The dragon climbed over the cottage with its long, serpentine body, and charged right at Kokichi and Himiko. 

   "RUN, HIMIKO!!!" Kokichi said, pulling Himiko away from the dragon. But, the dragon was too quick; it halted Kokichi and Himiko with its massive hand blocking their way. 

   "AAAHHHHH!!" Himiko screamed. Raising its other hand, the dragon aimed for Kokichi, who dove out of the way in time to avoid the massive talons squishing him. He shook his hair away from his eyes and looked back in horror at the dragon cornering Himiko, who cowered in fear. 

  "Himiko!!" he breathed. Immediately, he rushed to his feet towards the dragon's tail, and began pulling it. "Hey, you stupid dragon!! Get away from her!!" he yelled. Snarling, the dragon turned around and glared at him. The dragon flicked its tail, sending Kokichi crashing into the mattress that had saved him and Himiko from falling off the broom. Kokichi looked back at the dragon, which continued terrorizing Himiko as she screamed and cowered helplessly. He looked at Fumiko, who was smirking at him. Kokichi became filled with rage. How was this woman okay with letting her daughter go through all of this? He knew she wasn't going to do anything to stop it, so he had to deal with the dragon himself. But how? Suddenly, he remembered what Himiko had told him earlier:

   ...always remember...that dragons love honey, she had said. Kokichi jumped off the mattress and headed back inside the cottage. He ran straight to the kitchen, throwing cupboard doors open and searching for jars of honey. Unfortunately, there weren't any to be found. 

  "Shit!" Kokichi exclaimed in frustration, shoving the seasonings, spices, and other food items aside. He frantically searched around the kitchen, but no matter how hard he searched, he couldn't find any honey. He let out a cry of frustration, and ran back outside only to find Fumiko pull something from her sleeve. Still smirking at Kokichi, she held a jar of the sweet, golden substance in her hand.

   "Looking for this?" she asked. Kokichi ran at her, but Fumiko shot a blast of magic at him. Kokichi barely dodged it. He stared at Fumiko in bewilderment. 

   "KOKICHIIII!!!" Himiko sobbed, covering her head. The dragon still had her cornered, snarling and puffing smoke from its nostrils at her. Kokichi thought it was weird that the dragon hadn't done anything to her, yet. He didn't waste time thinking about it any longer, however. He needed to do something before the dragon decided to take her away, or eat her. He ran straight again at Fumiko. She launched another magic attack, which Kokichi managed to dodge again. He zigzagged his way around her, and each time, she attacked with her magic. He spied her wand, realizing that he needed a way to get rid of it. Struck with an idea, he steadied himself as he stood a few feet in front of Fumiko. She raised her wand, ready to attack. He charged at her head on. Right as she flicked her wand to release another magic attack, Kokichi jumped over it, somersaulted, and pulled out his yoyo, flinging it at Fumiko's wand. Fumiko cried out in surprise as her wand flew out of her hand. As she was distracted, Kokichi snatched the honey jar from her, and grabbed her wand. 

   "Try shooting magic with this! " he said to her with a triumphant grin as he snapped her wand in two. Fumiko raised her eyebrows at him in surprise, which Kokichi didn't expect. But he didn't care enough to stick around and ask questions. He held the honey jar above him. "He-eeeeey, draggy-draggy! Look who's got the hun-hun!!" he sang out to the dragon. The dragon whirled around, keeping its eyes focused on the golden treat. It ran straight towards Kokichi. He launched the honey jar across the yard, and the dragon eagerly followed it. Seeing how the dragon was distracted, it was the perfect time for Kokichi to rush over to Himiko, who was whimpering with fear. Tears were streaming down her face. Kokichi wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to her feet. "Himiko! You okay?" he asked. Himiko threw her arms around him.