Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (6)

The next morning, Kokichi yawned and stretched his arms. He rubbed his bleary eyes until his vision cleared. As it did, his eyes fell immediately on his closet door. He caught his breath as he remembered the day before. He remembered meeting his fairy godgirlfriend, Himiko. Or...was that some outlandish dream? To confirm whether it was real, or not, he climbed out of bed and cautiously inched towards his closet door. He threw it open, and there, he saw Himiko crossing her arms, pouting angrily and poking her lip bottom out. 

   "Nyeh...I'm mad at you," she mumbled.

   "Um...why?" Kokichi asked.

   "You made me sleep in your closet!" Himiko huffed, using her lower lip to blow her bangs out of her face. Kokichi scratched the back of his head.

   "Well...it's your fault for not liking it in there," he replied with a sheepish shrug. Himiko dropped her arms in sadness and frustration.

   "Am I just not good enough for you?" she asked tearfully. "What am I doing wrong?"

   "Y-You're not doing anything wrong! " Kokichi stammered. "I-It's just that-"

   "Kokichi?" Gonta asked from the other side of the room. He sleepily rubbed his eyes. "Who you talking to?"

   "Uh...d'uh...my...imaginary friend!" Kokichi said, giving Gonta cheeky grin. 

   "Oh! You have imaginary friend?" Gonta asked curiously. 

  "Yup! Since, y'know, you didn't wanna be my friend," Kokichi replied, crossing his arms. Gonta hung his head in shame.

   "Gonta sorry," he said. Kokichi felt two pokes on his shoulder. He turned to see Himiko frowning at him.

   "Stop being mean to him!" she whispered. Kokichi merely stuck his tongue out at her in response before turning back to Gonta.

   "Well, anyways, Gonta, go wash up," he ordered. "My imaginary friend and I need a moment alone."

  "Gonta understand," Gonta replied, climbing out of bed. As he headed towards the door, Kokichi stopped him.

   "Oh, and another thing, Gonta?" he began.

   "Yes?"

   "Don't tell anyone about my imaginary friend," Kokichi finished. "My imaginary friend wants to be kept a secret."

   "Okay! Gonta not tell anyone!" Gonta promised. 

   "Good!" Kokichi replied, and Gonta left. Himiko exited Kokichi's closet and began poking her finger against his chest.

   "You're always so mean and rude to him!" she scolded. "And you're mean and rude to me, making me sleep in your closet!"