Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (12)

Lunchtime came after 4th period. Himiko was confused as to why everyone was gathered in one large room. She watched as the students carried trays of food while rushing to find tables to sit at.

   "What's going on here? What is this place?" Himiko asked.

   "Uh...it's the cafeteria. You know...where people go to eat?" Kokichi replied in bewilderment. "What, you've never seen a cafeteria before? Even in...well, wherever you come from?" Himiko shook her head.

   "No," she replied. "Where I'm from, lollipops grow on trees, so we'd just eat those all the time."

   "First of all, that sounds like a nightmare," Kokichi said. "Secondly, how have your teeth not rotted out?!"

   "Nyeh...fairy godgirlfriends always have perfect teeth," Himiko simply replied with a shrug. Kokichi shrugged back. 

   "Well...whatevs," he said. "Let's just get you some non lollipop-related food." He led Himiko to a line of students waiting to receive their lunch. Kokichi grabbed a tray and loaded it with a bowl of rice with curry, another bowl of ramen, another bowl of salad, and one more bowl of fruit salad. Lastly, he grabbed two cartons of milk, two spoons, two pairs of chopsticks and placed them onto the tray. 

   "Okie-dokie, Twinkle Toes, let's go sit down," he said. 

   "Okay!" Himiko replied cheerfully, skipping happily next to Kokichi. They sat next to each other at an empty table. Kokichi pushed the tray over to Himiko.

   "Go ahead, dig in!" he said. Himiko looked at the food before her with disgust. 

   "This is definitely not lollipops!" she muttered under her breath. 

   "You're riiiight. It's not lollipops, it's actual food," Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. He pointed to the curry rice bowl. "This chunky, brown stuff right here is called 'curry.' And this white stuff? That's called 'rice.' I'll scoop some of the rice and the curry together, and you try it, okay?"

   "I don't wanna," Himiko replied, crossing her arms and looking away. 

   "What are you, scaaaared?" Kokichi teased, playfully swerving the spoon of rice and curry in front of her face.

  "N-No! It's just that..." she paused to sniff the food. "...it doesn't smell like lollipops. So, I'm not eating it!"

   "But...it tastes like lollipops," Kokichi said as a devious smile grew onto his face. Himiko eyed him with suspicion. 

   "Really?" she asked. 

   "Uh-huuuuh," Kokichi nodded.

   "Nyeh...b-but, you said that you're a liar! You could be lying to me," Himiko pointed out.