Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (18)

"Remember the plan, Himiko?" Kokichi asked. It was Friday evening, the night of the dance. Kokichi and Himiko were hiding in the bushes outside of Hope's Peak Academy, watching the students enter the school building through the entrance to the gym, where the dance was being held. 

   "Nyeh...I-I'm a little nervous, so I forgot some of it," Himiko admitted sheepishly. Kokichi removed his supreme leader hat, and brought out a small packet of sparkly powder. 

   "Remember that movie we watched last night? 'Wally Winka and the Confectionery Warehouse? '" he reminded her. Himiko nodded. "And remember that one part where that goody two shoes kid, Chuckie Bucket, drank that soda with his grandpa, and they started floating?"

   "Hee-hee...I remember," Himiko giggled. "That was so silly!" 

   "Well, that's why I wished for this powder," Kokichi continued, showing Himiko the small bag. "It's fizzy-lifting powder. While I have everyone distracted with my super cool tux, you're going to spike the punch bowl with this stuff!" Himiko gaped at him in horror.

   "I don't remember spikes being part of the plan!" she yelled. 

   "Ssshhhh!!" Kokichi hissed, placing his hand over her mouth. "I don't literally mean spikes! I just mean you're going to put this powder in the punch bowl and mix it in, so that when people drink the punch, they'll start floating and flying all around the gym!"

   "Ooohhh..." Himiko replied, her voice muffled from Kokichi's hand still over her mouth. He removed it. "Nyeh...I can't wait! I'm so excited!"

   "Nee-heehee...me, too!" Kokichi snickered as he handed Himiko the small bag of powder. "Hide this under your hat. Don't let anyone see you with it, 'kay?"

   "O-kay!" Himiko replied with a firm nod. Kokichi smiled at her, and locked his eyes with hers. Everything around him seemed to fade away; Himiko was the only one in his sights. He felt his heart beating furiously against his chest as the heat within his body began to rise. He never felt such an intense feeling before. He never knew what it was like to be in love, until now. Never had he met someone so eager to be by his side. Himiko may not be the smartest, or the prettiest, but her kindness and loyalty made her irresistible to Kokichi. He couldn't hold back any longer. He inched closer to her, feeling the heat rush to his cheeks. Keeping his eyes locked on hers, he gently pressed his forehead against hers. 

   "Kokichi..." Himiko breathed softly. 

   "Himiko..." Kokichi murmured as his lips inched ever so nearer to hers. 

   "Welcome, all you cuh-razy people, to the Hope's Peak Academy Fancy-Pants Daaance!" boomed Junko's chipper voice from inside the gym. Kokichi and Himiko pulled away from each other with sheepish blushes on their faces.

   "Haha...we'd better, um...get inside,' Kokichi mumbled with a sheepish chuckle. 

   "Y-Yeah, you're right," Himiko stammered. They stood up and headed into the gym. Inside, loud music was ringing throughout the gym. The majority of the students were getting their groove on on the dance floor, while some students merely sat on the bleachers, either talking amongst each other, or watching the dancers while their eyes drooped with boredom.