Kokichi Meets Himiko's Mom (1)

"Nyeh...eye of newt, tongue of frog, claw of eagle, tail of dog!" Himiko chanted mysteriously as she swirled her hands over her black cauldron, which was full of steaming, bubbling water. A whispy cloud from the cauldron billowed around her like a fog. "Misty, wispy clouds of fog...reveal to me YOUR ITTY-BITTY CHEESE LOGS!!! EEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEEE!!!" Himiko threw her hands into the air, cackling maniacally like a witch. Suddenly, her phone rang.

   "Nyeh...moshi moshi," Himiko answered. "Oh, hi, mommy. I'm just making lunch. Yeah. I'm making mac and cheese." She paused to grab the ladle that she had been stirring the cauldron with, and held up a bunch of small macaroni noodles to check if they had been cooked. "The noodles are all done, so I'm about to add the cheese. N-No! I wasn't pretending like I was doing a spell! Yes, I remember when I used to do that, but I'm not a little girl, anymore! Huh? Speaking of which, what? Oh! You really want to?! Nyeh...okay! Okay, mommy, I'll let him know! Just let me eat my mac and cheese first. Yup. Okay, love you, too. Bye!" She hung up the phone and squealed happily as she added cheese to the noodles. At that moment, the door to her secret magic room opened up to reveal Kokichi waltzing goofily down the stairs.

   "Ooo! Ooo! Are you making magic mac and cheese again?!" he asked excitedly, running up to Himiko. She smiled at him as he kissed her cheek.

  "Yeah," she giggled as she stirred the mixture of cheese, milk, and butter to the noodles. "And it's not really magic mac and cheese, it's just regular mac and cheese."

   "Well, yeah, but the fact that you're making it in a cauldron makes it magical!" Kokichi replied. 

   "I guess that's true," Himiko said with a happy shrug. Kokichi stared at her.

   "You seem pretty excited about something," he said with a cheeky grin. 

  "Nyeh...do I? I don't think so," Himiko answered, trying to hold in her excitement. She looked up at Kokichi, who raised his eyebrow skeptically at her. Himiko rolled her eyes and smiled before turning away from him. "Okay, okay, I'll tell you about it after we eat."

  "How exciting!" Kokichi exclaimed. Himiko placed a bottle of soda and a bowl in front of him before scooping some some mac and cheese for him. She did the same for herself. Other than Kokichi humming and bobbing his head side to side with happiness, they ate in silence. After finishing, Kokichi looked up at Himiko expectantly.

   "Okie-dokie, Himikokie, spill!" he said. 

   "Well...my mommy called me just before you came in," Himiko began, scrunching her shoulders with excitement.

   "Yeah?" Kokichi said, smiling with anticipation as he gulped down some soda.

   "Aaaand...she wants to meet you!" Himiko finished, throwing her arms into the air. Kokichi spat his soda back out and stared at Himiko in horror. 

   "SHE WANTS TO WHAT?! " he exclaimed. 

   "Um...meet...you?" Himiko asked, confused at Kokichi's reaction.

   "Why?! What did I do?!" Kokichi asked.