Love Potion Commotion (3)

Because of Kaito's insistence that Kirumi shouldn't be doing everyone's chores all the time, everyone else had to pitch in and do their fair share of chores. For this week, it was Tsumugi and Gonta's turn to get groceries, but today, they were unable to.

   "KOKICHIIII!!!" Kaito screamed. Kokichi met up with him at the front door. 

   "What are you screaming about now?" he asked. 

   "My car keys!" Kaito said, pointing to the wall where the key holder was. "Did you take them?"

   "No, because if I did, they'd be in the ignition...of your car...with me behind the wheel," Kokichi replied. "Otherwise, they're useless to me." Kaito massaged the bridge of his nose.

   "Kokichi...I have to drop off Gonta and Tsumugi at the store," he sighed. "I can't do that without my car!"

    "Okay, so, why don't you look for your keys while everyone else orders takeout?" Kokichi replied with a shrug.

   "Or...you can cough them up right now! " Kaito shouted.

   "I don't have your car keys, Kaito!" Kokichi scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You probably misplaced them because you were too busy blathering away about space, or something! I'm not always the cause of your problems, y'know! Why don't you own up and take responsibility for your own actions every once in a while?"

    "Fine..." Kaito grumbled. "I'll just go tell everyone it's a fend-for-yourself night."

   "Whatever!" Kokichi said, turning around and walking away. He alerted the boys who were in their rooms that they could order takeout if they wanted to. With a devious grin, he headed back to his and Gonta's room, where Himiko was waiting. Smirking, he pulled out Kaito's car keys from his pocket. "Nee-heehee...that was super easy!"

   "Nyeh...it worked?!" Himiko exclaimed.

   "Yup, yup! Everyone's going to order takeout, which meeaannss...Ryoma is going to order what he always does: a meatball sub from Sub Grub," Kokichi said. "And when his order comes, I'll empty his drink and pour the potion inside."

   "But, how are you going to do it in time?" Himiko asked. 

   "That's where you come in, Monkey Buns," Kokichi said. "You can distract him while I do it, then I'll come back and let you know that I'm done."

   "Okay, okay..." Himiko replied, nodding her head thoughtfully. "But he'll know that his drink won't taste the same." Kokichi tapped his chin in thought.

   "Hmm...how about if I mix the potion with his drink?" he suggested. "Would that change the taste of the drink? And would it mess up the potion itself?"

   "It shouldn't," Himiko replied. 

   "Well, I guess we'll find out," Kokichi said with a shrug. "If it doesn't work, you can always whip up another potion, right?"