Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (8)

"Heeeey, snookums, how was your first class?" Kokichi teased, lightly pinching Himiko's cheek. First period was over, and he had been waiting for her, as he promised, to take her to second period. Himiko batted her eyelashes bashfully at him.

   "Nyeh...it was an interesting experience," she replied with a small shrug. She held up a textbook to him. "That woman who was talking the whole time handed this book to me. She told me to put it in my...locker?? What is that?"

  "Well, first of all, that woman was the teacher," Kokichi explained. "Every class has one. Here, lemme see your schedule." Himiko handed Kokichi her schedule, which also had her locker number and combination on it. "Your locker is this way, come on." Kokichi led Himiko to a locker next to Hiyoko's. 

   "Hey, I've never seen you before! Who are you?" Hiyoko asked Himiko with a confused frown. "And why are you hanging out with Kokichi, of all people?!" 

   "He's my boyfriend," Himiko replied proudly. Hiyoko's eyes bugged out of her skull. 

   "Why? Did he pay you to be his girlfriend?!" she asked. 

    "No," Himiko replied, tilting her head in confusion. "Was he supposed to?" Hiyoko narrowed her eyes with suspicion at Himiko, then at Kokichi, who merely gave her a cheeky grin as he opened Himiko's locker and placed the textbook inside.

   "Who the hell even are you?" she asked Himiko. Himiko smiled and curtsied at her.

   "Nyeh...I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Magician!" she chirped. "Ooo! I like your dress!"

   "Ugh! It's not a dress! It's a kimono!" Hiyoko scoffed. 

   "O-Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't know it was called that!" Himiko apologized. 

  "How do you not know what a kimono is?! Did you leave home without your brain this morning?!" Hiyoko spat rudely. 

   "Nyeh? Why, no, it's in my head, like always," Himiko replied with a smile and nod of confidence. "Thank you for your concern, though!" Himiko wrapped her arms around Hiyoko, giving her a grateful hug. 

  "EW!! Get off of me, you ugly troll!" Hiyoko exclaimed, shoving Himiko off of her. Himiko frowned at her angrily.

  "Nyeh...I'm not a troll!" she countered, thrusting her fists on her hips. "I'm a fairy-"

   "Very!  Very...angry girl right now," Kokichi interrupted. "Very angry because you keep picking on her, Hiyoko! Buzz off, already!"

   "Whatever! I don't wanna be seen around you two embarrassing uggos, anyway!" Hiyoko scowled before walking away. Kokichi sighed and looked over at Himiko.

   "Look, you need to be more careful with what you say," he said. "Are humans even allowed to know about your existence?"