Shuichi Saihara, Where Are Ya? (9)

"L-Like, what was that sound?!" Shaggy asked as he and Scooby barged in from the kitchen. "I thought I heard the m-m-monster!"

   "Nee-heehee...you did, Shaggy!" Kokichi replied, placing his hands behind his head nonchalantly. "He was actually in here a few minutes ago, but Himiko and I chased him out."

   "Zoinks!" Shaggy exclaimed in fear. Then, he looked at Kokichi with suspicion. "Like, waaaiiit a second, Kokichi. Didn't you say earlier that you're a liar?"

    "Oh, you're riiiight! I did say that, didn't I?" Kokichi replied. "Nice memory you got there, Shaggy!"

   "Haha, I knew it was a lie all along, right, Scoob?" Shaggy said, crossing his arms with a smug grin.

   "Reah! Ri knew that, too!" Scooby answered, crossing his arms, as well. 

   "Nyeh...did you guys find Shuichi?" Himiko asked. 

   "Like, Scoob and I looked everywhere downstairs, but he was nowhere to be found," Shaggy answered. Suddenly, Barty and Bessie came rushing downstairs. 

   "We heard a lot of screaming," Barty said. "Is everything okay down here?" Himiko glanced quizzically at Kokichi, but Kokichi merely smiled and shrugged.

   "Yeah, everything's fine," Kokichi answered. Then, he gave Barty and Bessie a sneaky grin. "How about you guys? Did you find Shuichi?"

    "We looked everywhere for him, but...he didn't turn up," Barty answered. Bessie merely nodded in agreement. Kokichi noticed that she had some sort of stain on her nightshirt. 

   "I see," Kokichi mumbled, eyeing Barty and Bessie intently. 

   "Why are you looking at me like you don't believe me?" Barty growled.

   "Nee-heehee...don't get so hot under the collar! Of course I believe you!" Kokichi said. He turned to Bessie. "What about you, Bessie? Did you see anything?"

   "Barty already told you no," Bessie snapped in annoyance. Then, she forced herself to calm down. "I-I'm sorry. I'm just tired. It's...been a rough night." Suddenly, Fred, Daphne, and Velma entered the living room from outside. 

   "Boy, is it rainy out there!" Daphne exclaimed. 

   "Did you guys happen to find Shuichi?" Fred asked. 

   "Quit asking such dumbass questions, Fred," Kokichi said. "Do you see Shuichi here? If you don't, then it's obvious we didn't find him. Jeez, you're pretty dumb for a detective!" 

   "Like, must you say bad words like that?" Shaggy asked. "Scooby's very sensitive to swear words, you know?"

   "Rat's right! Ri don't rike swear words," Scooby huffed.