Love Potion Commotion (9)

Himiko woke up the next morning feeling happy and refreshed. Though her and Kokichi's plan to spy on Ryoma and Ibuki had failed, leaving Himiko feeling miserable and guilty, the night had ended with Kokichi making it up to her in a way that made her feel appreciated and loved. She stretched as she climbed out of bed to get dressed and wash up for school. She then headed downstairs to Kokichi and Gonta's room and knocked on their door. Gonta answered.

   "Oh, Himiko! Hello!" he said cheerfully. "How are you?"

   "I'm doing well," Himiko replied. "How about you?"

   "Oh, Gonta doing just fine, too!" Gonta said. "But Gonta guess you looking for Kokichi?"

   "Nyeh...that's right," Himiko replied.

    "Mm...Kokichi not in room," Gonta said. "He already eating breakfast, Gonta believes."

  "Nyeh...without me?" Himiko mumbled despondently. 

  "Oh! Um...well, Gonta not know if it important, but...earlier Gonta saw Kokichi acting like his sneaky self," Gonta explained. "Gonta didn't know what he up to, but Gonta no want to interfere, so he just leave Kokichi alone."

  "Okay, then," Himiko said. "I guess I'll see what he's up to. Thanks, Gonta."

   "You're very welcome!" Gonta said with a kind smile. Himiko headed over to the the dining room. On the way there, she saw Kokichi, leaning against the kitchen counter, peering into the dining room.

   "Kokichi?" Himiko whispered. Kokichi snapped his attention to Himiko, smiled, and waved his hand for her to join him. Himiko smiled and rushed over to him. "Nyeh...what's going on?" she asked. Kokichi put his finger to his lips and pointed into the dining hall. Himiko turned to see Ryoma laughing and conversing with the others, something that was a rarer sight to see than Bigfoot walking through the woods. Himiko's eyes widened.

   "If it's not too much trouble, Kaede, I was wondering if you'd like to teach me how to play piano," Ryoma said. Kaede looked at him with pleasant surprise. 

   "Really, Ryoma? Are you sure?" she asked. 

   "Yes," Ryoma nodded. "I guess you could say that I've had a sudden blast of inspiration."

   "Oh...did you blast your 'inspiration' into some tissue this morning?" Miu asked. 

   "Miu, cut it ou-" Kaede began, but was interrupted by Ryoma laughing out loud. 

   "Hahahaha...that was pretty clever, Miu, but you still have a ways to go," he laughed. Everyone looked at him in utter shock.

  "Hey, Ryoma? You feelin' okay?" Kaito asked.

   "Yes, yes! You seem more cheerful lately!" Angie chirped.