Shuichi's Dilemma (End)

"Okay, you two, I'm done!" Shuichi said to Kokichi and Himiko, the latter watching the former play video games. Shuichi was holding his song in one hand, and with the other, a guitar.

    "Nyeh...you know how to play guitar, Shuichi?" Himiko asked.

   "Yeah, other than the piano, I've been wanting to play the guitar, as well," Shuichi explained. "I practiced my song a few times right before coming in here to show you two."

   "'Kay! Let's see whatcha got, Shuichi!" Kokichi said, holding out his hand to take Shuichi's song. Kokichi then looked up at Shuichi and raised a skeptical eyebrow. "I swear, Shuichi, this song better not contain lyrics about you walking down a boulevard of broken dreams."

   "W-What?! It doesn't! Just read it!" Shuichi huffed. Himiko wrapped her arms around Kokichi and leaned against him to peer at the song. Kokichi's eyes scanned the lyrics. Then, he smiled and handed it back to Shuichi. "Looks good!"

  "Wha...you really think so, Kokichi?!" Shuichi asked excitedly. 

   "Yup! That song is totes great!" Kokichi replied. Shuichi eyed him skeptically.

   "Aaaand you're not lying, correct?" he asked. Kokichi rolled his eyes.

   "Are you doubting me, or are you really doubting yourself? " he asked, crossing his arms. "Besides, Himiko read it, too, right, Himiko?"

   "Yeah! I liked it, Shuichi!" Himiko said. 

  "Well, I suppose it's okay, then," Shuichi said, sighing in relief.

   "Oohh...I see how it is," Kokichi said. "You'll believe Himiko, but not me."

  "I'm sorry, Kokichi, okay?" Shuichi apologized. "Thanks, you two."

   "No problem!" Kokichi and Himiko responded. After Shuichi left, Kokichi and Himiko stood up to follow him. 

   "Nyeh...I can't believe you liked the song, Kokichi!" Himiko exclaimed. 

    "Nee-heehee...that was a lie," Kokichi said, laughing. Himiko's eyes bugged out in disbelief.

    "So, you didn't like the song?!" she asked. Kokichi stuck his tongue out in disgust.

   "Are you kidding? Those were the most cringiest, emo lyrics I've ever seen in my life!" he replied. 

   "Nyeeeh...then why did you tell him you liked it, you weirdo?!" Himiko asked.

   "Eh...the kid's been through enough," Kokichi replied, waving his hand dismissively. "If I told him how I really felt, he would have gotten discouraged, and he would have changed his mind about serenading Kaede, and blah, blah, blah."