Kiki Ouma (4)

"Wait! Stop! Please, you have to let us go!" Kokichi pleaded as the security guard dragged him and Himiko towards the entrance of the building. 

   "There's someone inside we have to see!" Himiko begged, as well. 

   "Look, you two, I ain't in the mood to be playin' hide and seek with a couple of snot-nosed runts!" the security guard growled. "I told you that if you don't have tickets, you can't be inside this buil-"

   "Wait!" shouted a little girl's voice. Kokichi, Himiko, and the security guard turned to see Kiki running towards them. Kokichi tore himself from the security guard's grasp and slowly walked towards Kiki. They stared at each other in amazement. Kokichi fell to his knees, completely and utterly bewildered by the girl standing before him. "A-Are you...really my brother?" Kiki asked softly. 

   "I...I think so," Kokichi replied just as softly. Kiki was awestruck.

  "What did you say your name was, again?" she asked.

   "Kokichi Ouma," Kokichi replied. Kiki smiled at him.

   "Wow! I never thought I'd have a lost big brother!" she exclaimed. "That's so cool!" Kokichi smiled kindly at her.

   "And I never thought in my whole life that I'd have a little sister," he replied, still reeling as he uttered those words. Kiki wrapped her arms around Kokichi's neck.

   "It's so very nice to meet you, Kokichi!" she said. "I've always wanted a brother or a sister! And now...I have one!" Kokichi gently wrapped his arms around Kiki in return, and hugged her back. He felt his heart swell with sudden happiness, and his eyes brimmed with tears of joy. He was always afraid of being rejected by his family, had he ever found and met them, but to be welcomed into open arms by his little sister filled him with hope. 

   "It's so nice to meet you, too," Kokichi managed to choke through his tears. Himiko felt her eyes welling up with tears, as well. Even the security guard was sniffling and wiping his eyes. Himiko reached into her pocket and handed him a hankie for his nose. Kiki released Kokichi, and smiled quizzically at him.

   "What's wrong, big brother?" she asked, wiping Kokichi's tears away. 

   "It's nothing," Kokichi murmured softly with a happy smile. "I never thought this day would come, and...I'm just glad it's finally here." 

   "I'm glad it's here, too!" Kiki replied, giving Kokichi comforting pats on his hand. "Do you wanna meet my mom and dad?" Kokichi felt feeling of unease crawling up his spine. It was one thing to meet his little sister, but how would his parents feel about him?

  "Right now?" he asked. "What about your tournament?"

   "Mmm, I guess I can forfeit," Kiki replied with a nonchalant shrug. "Besides, having a new big brother sounds totes better than spending endless hours in chess watching your opponent having a blank stare as they try to figure out their next move!" Kokichi's mouth hung agape in delighted surprise at her.