Jealousy

Avi had been your #1 best friend since high school. Stacy had been your other friend, who you met during your junior year of college.

You and Avi had gone to the same college, too, and you had always had a crush on him.

Stacy, also had a crush on him though, and everyone could tell, while you hid it surprisingly well.

You and Avi were always closer than Avi and Stacy, but she admitted her feelings for him, and they started dating. You supported them, but didn't ship it at all, as Stacy knew that you loved Avi more than anyone.

It physically hurt you to see them together. He would kiss her cheek, and she would wrap her arms around his neck as he put his on her waist, dancing to music, and your heart ached.

You loved Avi so much, and you just couldn't get over him. Stacy had a bad past when it came to boyfriends, she was a cheater, and while you knew, Avi didn't.

One night, Stacy had invited you and Avi over to her house, and while they snuggled on one couch, you sat on the other one, your arms crossed over your chest, and you looked down.

"____, are you okay?" Avi asked you, leaning over to put his hand on your shoulder thoughtfully.

"Y-Yeah," You whispered, looking down.

"Okay..." He replied, and looked at Stacy. He leaned down, kissing her forehead softly.

You heard your heart shatter more, and he moved her, sitting her down on the couch, and he stood up, walking over to sit next to you.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling you into a hug.

You sighed into his shoulder, your broken heart thobbing slightly.

"I guess, I just hate watching someone lie to someone else," You replied, whispering slightly.

He pulled out of the hug, "What do you mean?"

"I mean- It's just- How do I put this? Well, to put it bluntly, Stacy's a cheater. I met her before you, she told me many things, on girl nights. She told me to never say anything to you.. I'm so sorry," You admitted.

Avi frowned at you.

"What? No, you have to be kidding me. That's a lie. ____, I know her. She wouldn't do that. You're lying. You're lying because.. Are you jealous?"

Tears started rolling down your face as you nodded slightly.

"I-I might be jealous, but I'm not lying."

Avi sighed. "I can't handle this right now. You are a liar. I don't know who to trust, but I feel I should trust my girlfriend. I'm sorry, ____."

*****

After that night, you didn't talk to Avi for a solid month. It was hard, being without your best friend, but you know he needed some time.

On a Friday night, your heard a knock on your front door. You looked at the clock.

11:30. Who could be at the door this late?

You looked out the window, seeing Avi, crying. You immediately opened the door, pulling him inside, locking it behind him.

He looked at you, and started bawling.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart," He told you.

"What's wrong, Avi?" You asked, pulling him into a hug.

"I should have listened to you.. You're so right. Stacy's such a cheater. I caught her having sex with another man, in MY apartment."

You rubbed his back softly.

"Aww, Avi, I'm so sorry."

He pulled out of the hug.

He shook his head. He leaned in, kissing the top of your head. You felt your broken heart flutter.

You pulled him over to your couch, sitting so close to him you were almost on his lap.

"Wait, were you actually jealous of her, when we were dating?"

You nodded slightly, looking down.

He put his hand on your chin, pulling it up slightly, so you were looking him in the eyes.

He gazed down at you sweetly, and slowly leaned in, pressing his lips to yours softly.

You felt your heart begin to rebuild itself. You wrapped your arms around his neck, as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

Your lips floated across each others' so smoothly, and you ran your thumb across his cheek, breaking the kiss. He smiled at you, and smiled back at him.

Avi pulled you onto his lap, wrapping his arms around you as you buried your face in his chest.

He ran his thumb along your hip gently, as the two of you talked.

"I always prefered you."

"Hmm?" You questioned.

"If both you and Stacy had come up to me, and both confessed your feelings, I would've always chosen you."

"Really?"

Avi nodded, "You were always my best friend. Even though she was pretty, you had so much more to you."

"Thank you, Avi."

For a while, you just sat with him. Or, you know, more like on him. The two of you were taking in your love for each other.

"____? I-I was wondering, if you were willing to forgive me, if you would be my girlfriend?" Avi asked hopefully.

You gazed up at him lovingly.

"Of course, Avi."

Avi leaned down, kissing you, and you felt your broken heart be fixed.

"I love you, Avi."

"I love you too, ____."

He pulled you on his chest, laying down, and you fell asleep on his chest.

.