Competition

Ah, Avi Kaplan.

The beautiful bass singer from Pentatonix.

Literal husband goals.

Of course, you and your best friend, Emily, were severely crushing on him.

But there's just one thing.

You were both friends with him--

and she was willing to do anything to get him to love her.

And Avi knew this.

Avi loved you more than her, of course, because you weren't throwing yourself at him.

You loved him, but didn't force him to love you back, which is why he, in fact, did love you back.

You remembered one night. Emily had just strutted up to where you and Avi were sitting, he had his arm around your shoulder, and she just started subtly dissing you.

"Hey, Avi, let's go do something fun! Like, going to a movie!"

Avi looked up at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Um.."

"Come on Avi! Let's go! We can have so much fun!" Emily winked at him.

You raised an eyebrow at her.

"Um, Em, we are already watching a movie," You told her.

She glared down at you.

"Leave Avi alone. He loves me, now you. You don't even show him that you're interested. You just sit there, and look ugly and boring."

"I don't show him I'm interested because I love him to much to force him to love me back!" You slightly raised your voice at her, forgetting Avi was there.

"Whatever. Come on Avi, let's ditch her."

Avi furrowed his eyebrows, "No, Emily. I'd rather stay here with my girlfriend," He told her, smirking very slightly.

You raised an eyebrow as he turned your head toward him, and pressed his lips to yours.

The kiss wasn't very long, just him finally letting you know that he loves you back.

Just before the kiss ended, he ran his tongue along your bottom lip. Avi then pulled away, still keeping an arm around you.

"Wait, what? You're dating her?! Of all people? Why not me?" Emily asked, annoyed.

"____ is the one I love. She doesn't hurt others in order to get what she wants. She is a great person. She doesn't force me to love her, I just do. I'm afraid to tell you that I don't like you romantically, Emily."

Emily growled, leaving the room, and slamming the door behind her.

"A-Avi?" You asked nervously.

"Yes, dear?"

"D-did you mean what you said?" 

Avi smiled down at you. 

"Of course," He said, and with that he leaned down, connecting your lips to his for the second time.

The feeling of his lips rolling over yours made you feel all fuzzy inside.

"____, will you officially be my girlfriend?"

You nodded, "Of course, Avriel."

Avi wrapped his arms around the small of your back, pulling you into a hug, and pulled you into his chest.

"I'll treat you better than she ever could," You whispered into his chest.

Avi nodded, "I know, sweetheart."

You smiled at this, burrowing deeper into his chest. Avi hummed in delight and kissed the top of your head.

He then pulled out of the hug, and pressed a kiss to your neck, before laying you down on your back, and crawling on top of you, pressing his lips to yours in a kiss that wasn't short, but wasn't long, either.

He then pulled away, and laid in between your legs, and hugged your waist, resting his head on your stomach.

You smiled at him, "You're already the best boyfriend, Avi."

He giggled adorably, and sat up, pecking your lips gently.

Little did the two of you know, Emily watched all of this from a window.

.