Dad?

Avi

I heard my daughter, Iva, yell my name from across the house. Normally I would have been lazy about this and slowly gotten to her, but her voice sounded urgent. Jumping up, I ran to her aid.

I found her in her room. She was laying on her bed and there was a patch of blood on the sheets.

She was 12, she had just gotten her period, and she was freaking out. Of course ____ was at work.

"Shh, love, love, calm down, it's okay," I held her shoulders.

"No, it's not. I'm dying," she whimpered.

"No, you aren't, all girls go through this. Go to the bathroom, I'll be in there in a second."

She nodded and walked to the bathroom as I took the sheets off her bed.

She screamed after she got into the bathroom.

I put her sheets in the washing machine and quickly put new ones on before meeting her in the bathroom.

"Did mom teach you how to use a pad?" I asked.

She nodded slowly, "Yeah... I don't really remember much though."

I nodded and got a pad out.

____ had taught me how to use them.

Flashback:

"Babe, I need to teach you how to use a pad in case Iva gets her period when I'm not there."

I nodded, "Okay."

Getting a pad, she quickly showed me how to unwrap it and put on.

"Thank you, baby," I kissed her.

End of flashback.

I unwrapped the pad and stuck it to her underwear, wrapped the wings around the edges.

"Can you remember how to do that?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yeah. Thank you..."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, it's just... why don't guys have to go through this?"

I thought for a moment, "I'm not sure, sweetheart. We just have different body parts."

She nodded and sighed.

Giving her privacy, I left the room.

**********

"So, our daughter got her period today," I greeted my wife.

"Oh really? Is she okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I think so. She's in her room now, I think she's contemplating life."

She sighed, nodding, "Okay. Thank you, Avi."

"Of course baby," I kissed her lips briefly.

"I love you," she said as she began walking down the hall.

"I love you too."

She then disappeared into Iva's room.

After maybe 20 minutes, ____ walked out of the room, coming to lay with me on the couch.

"Is she okay?" I asked, running ____'s thigh.

She nodded, "Yeah, I explained everything to her again, and she's reprocessing it."

I nodded.

Wrapping my arms around my love's waist, I pulled her closer, breathing in her scent.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, Avi."

Suddenly, Iva walked out, plopping down on the couch next to her mother.

"How're you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm okay..."

After a while, she asked why guys don't have periods, and I briefly explained erections to her, still wanting her to be somewhat innocent.

She looked stunned.

I awkwardly looked at my gorgeous wife, who just laughed.

Growing up sucks.

.