Falling for Him

High school themed.

You were simply writing your essay in your first-period class one day, when suddenly the classroom door opened.

Glancing up from the laptop, you saw a boy-- almost a man. His kind green eyes seemed nervous. His hair was long-ish and brown (2011 Avi's hair) and his face had a very short beard. He nervously glanced around the classroom before your teacher, Mr B, welcomed him in. 

The rest of the class completely ignored him, as they were dead to the world, as it was 8:30. 

The mystery boy sat in the desk right next to you, and he smiled nervously at you. You gave him a welcoming smile.

"____, can you please show our new student around the school?" Mr B asked you politely, as he was making a sandwich in the middle of class.

"S-sure.." you replied, confused as to why and how your teacher just pulled bread out of the bag his laptop was supposed to be in. (K but my teacher in real life actually did this and it was everything. He also had a jar of peanut butter on his desk and started eating it. He is the most chill teacher ever.)

You stood up, beckoning for the boy to follow you.

He stood up awkwardly, and followed you outside the classroom.

"Hi, I'm ____," you smiled at him.

"I'm Avi," he responded in a deep voice.

You raised your eyebrows. 

"Wait, are you faking that voice? Or is it just naturally like that?" you laughed.

"It's just like this," he replied, smirking slightly.

You blushed a little.

I really hope he's not a douche, you thought.

"So, are you into music?" you asked him hopefully.

"Of course. I'm in choir," he replied, pulling out his schedule.

Avi handed it to you, and you took it, examining it.

"This is awesome, we have all the same classes!"

He smiled, "Really?" 

He seemed surprised that you were happy to have all the classes with him.

You grabbed his arm and started walking, pulling him with you. He chuckled.

"Here, I'll show you all around."

This time, you saw him blush.

*A Week Later*

You and Avi immediately became best friends. You just had so much in common, and your relief and enjoyment, he wasn't a douche.

In only a week, Avi was already the nicest guy you had ever come across in your whole 17 years of life. 

The prom was coming up, and neither of you had dates. The only other female friend Avi had gained was Kirstie, and she and Kevin were going as friends. Scott and Mitch were also going, supposedly as 'friends', but everyone knew what was really going on.

The two of you were in choir one day, and the choir director, Mrs G, stated that for the next project we were going to have have duets-- a male voice and a female voice.

As a soprano, you needed a male voice. You looked at Avi and raised an eyebrow, smiling. Am I falling for him?  you thought. He nodded in agreement. 

You began walking toward Avi, as the two of you had a mutual agreement on to be together in the duet.

Suddenly, Steven walked in front of you. "Hey, baby, ready for our duet?"