Soulmates

From birth, you have a marking on your wrist that only one other person in world has.

When you turn 18, you are shown a picture of your soulmate, and that person is the one with that same marking. Throughout the years, you and your soulmate are shown pictures of each other until you finally find each other.

**********

You were examining the little dragon marking on your wrist while waiting for the soulmatching agency to arrive at your house.

"They're here," your mom announced, ushering you to the door.

Opening the door for them, you greeted them, "Hi, welcome."

"Hello, and you are ____ ________?"

You nodded.

You were handed an envelope.

"Here you go, ____, this has all the information you need on your soulmate, along with pictures of him."

You nodded, taking it, "Thank you."

They then left.

You quickly tested your best friend, Avi.

'Hey Av, wanna come over and open my soulmate envelope with me?'

'Of course,' he replied almost instantly, 'I'm on my way.'

In society, you weren't allowed to show people your markings until you knew who your soulmate was.

Avi, though, refused to show you his marking, saying 'I'll show you on your birthday, when you know who your soulmate is.'

He had gotten his own envelope months before, but he refused to show you.

**********

"Hey Avi," you hugged him as he walked into your house.

"Hey, babe," he chuckled. The two of you had always had a flirty relationship.

You giggled and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the couch.

He chuckled and complied, letting you drag him.

He pulled out his own envelope, "After you open yours, I'll finally show you mine."

You raised an eyebrow.

He simply grinned like a dork.

Avi put his arm around your shoulders as you opened your envelope.

Avriel Kaplan, the first paper said.

You gasped, covering your mouth with your hand as you read the background information on him and looked at the pictures of his adorable face.

Avi handed you his own envelope, which was already open, and you looked at the pictures of you.

Putting the envelopes and their contents down on the coffee table, you climbed into Avi's lap, wrapping your arms around his neck.

The two of you just sat there, holding each other, for what seemed like the longest time. Avi then pulled off his wrist-band, revealing his dragon marking. You looked back and forth from his to your own.

He lifted up your hand, kissing your wrist gently.

A happy tear escaped your eye, and you wrapped your arms around Avi again.

Avi nuzzled his head into your shoulder, his scruff tickling it.

You smiled and kissed his cheek.

He pulled away slightly before lifting up your face with his hands, gently pressing his lips to yours.

Your eyes slid closed and your arms wrapped around his neck.

Pulling away slightly, you grinned before placing your lips back on his.

Suddenly, your mom walked back into the room.

"____... what's happening here? You just got your envelope telling who your soulmate is, why are you kissing someone else?"

You broke the kiss, still sitting on Avi's lap.

You grabbed Avi's hand, showing her your matching marks.

She gasped, "Wow, really? That is so rare, usually people have to search forever to find their soulmates. I knew you two were besties, but I didn't know how strong your bond was."

You nodded, hugging Avi happily.

He chuckled and tightened his grip around your waist.

"Okay you two, have fun," she grabbed her purse, "I'm going to get groceries, be back in a bit."

She then casually walked out the door.

"Did she seriously just sat 'have fun?'" Avi raised an eyebrow.

You laughed, "I believe she did."

Just then, Avi leaned you onto your back and kissed you gently, hovering above you.

Smiling into the kiss, you cupped his cheeks.

He nipped your bottom lip gently as his hand rested on your hip.

You moaned a little, breaking the kiss.

Avi lifted you back up, smiling.

You blushed and grinned, leaning against his shoulder.

**********

It was your daughter's 18th birthday. It was the day you'd learn who her soulmate was.

"Are you excited, babe?" you asked Avi as you put in some earrings.

"Of course, love," Avi wrapped his arms around your waist from behind, "but she seems so young."

"She's the same age we were," you turned around in his arms.

"I know, but she's our child."

He kissed your lips gently, hugging your waist.

A few hours later, she had gotten her envelope and opened it, refusing to tell you it was.

Avi came upstairs into the bedroom with wide eyes.

You raised an eyebrow at him, and he gestured for you to follow.

Following him to the stairs, you looked down to see your daughter and her best friend, Destry, making out on the couch.

Avi raised an eyebrow as he watched them.

Coughing, you caused them to break apart quickly, acting as if nothing ever happened.

"Stella... whatcha doing?" you slowly walked down the stairs.

"This might sound a little crazy, but Isaac is my soulmate," she rested a hand on his chest.

**********

You and Avi plopped down on your bed.

"She's just like us," he kissed your cheek."

.