You Left Me

You and Avi used to be so close. You were best friends. Then she came along.

Mary. Ugh. (I apologize if your name is Mary) She stole your precious baby from you. Avi was so young, in the 8th grade, and she stole right from you. 

He began to drift from you, falling like the young teenager he was.

You still always loved him, and that never stopped.

**********

9th grade.

Avi stopped sitting with you at lunch. It just wasn't the same without him. Mary was all over him like a rattlesnake. She played with his fluffy hair that you longed to squish (XD squish), she kissed the soft lips you desperately wanted to feel on your own.

**********

10th grade.

Avi spent every living moment with Mary. She was always giving you the dirtiest of looks. She kept telling everyone she slept with Avi, but he always furrowed his eyebrows and denied it. Throughout all of this, you were the only one to be on his side, but he never knew.

**********

11th grade.

Mary was all over Avi. She drove him crazy. You could tell he was getting sick of it. 

**********

12th grade.

Avi finally broke up with Mary, and she gave him crap for it. She talked shit about him. He started growing facial hair, and you were loving it. 

The school choir was taking a trip to New York, and everyone was staying in hotel rooms.

"Room assignments: Mary and Addison, Clay and Jerid," the director went on and on, "and finally, ____ and Avi. I know we don't generally have guys and girls together, but I think you two are trustworthy. Can I trust you?"

You nodded, and Avi looked at you with the kindest eyes.

Finally, everyone got to New York, and you all went sightseeing before going to the hotel.

You and Avi awkwardly sat on the bed.

"You left me," you whispered quietly.

"Hm?"

"You left me," you whispered again.

Avi sighed, "I know, I'm so sorry, ____. I'm so so so sorry. You have no idea. Mary took me away, and I now realize how stupid that was, and I promise if I could go back in time, I would have never left you.

You smiled and leaned against his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his chest.

You weren't quite sure how long you hugged, but you knew it had been a long time.

Suddenly Avi pulled out of the hug.

"What are you doing?" you asked as he gazed into your eyes.

"Something I should have done years ago."

He pressed his soft lips to yours, controlling you with the gentle kiss. You kissed him back with passion, smiling into the kiss.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too."

.