chapter 163: existential dread

over the next few hours, your classmates explain their battles. "to sum it up," tenya says, "ochako will be in a wheelchair for a few weeks, sero lost his left arm and right leg, denki fired himself and got scars and occasional pain because of it, shoji lost one of his real hands, several of us got minor or even major injuries that have already been healed, and then there are those three." he sighs while pointing at izuku, shoto, and katsuki. "i kinda got carried away...if i break my limbs any more i could lose all function." izuku explains while rubbing the back of his head. "because of the damn recoil of my explosions, the joint in my arms are fucked. i gotta be careful with them i nthe future, or they could break permanently." katsuki huffs. "i got both severe frostbite and burns. my abdomen has some scars from where i burned the flesh away, and one of my fingers was frozen solid and amputated." shoto says coldly. "well never do anything like that again! any of you! it was so reckless! if i didnt defeat voleraty, you would have lost!" while scolding them, you see everyones faces become sad, or even disappointed. "that being said...im proud of you guys. each and every one of you rose far beyond my expectations. you were faced with immovable objects, and came out on top. excellent job." as you say this, you watch their faces light up. "do you really mean it?" mina asks, "of course." you nod.

"well we told you about us, what happened to you? are you gonna have any permanent damage?" eijiro asks, "a few. my right tricep has a nasty scar now, and i broke a few bones." you shrug, "that isnt it." you notice kyokas eyes staring at your ear. "ah, you noticed? i didnt really decide to get my earlobe cut off, but now we match!" you move your head to show your left ear. the entire bottom half is cut off, thanks to voleraty. kyoka suddenly walks up to you and latches onto your chest. "dont leave me again." she demands, "i wont." you hug her back, and feel yoour shirt start to get wet. "hey, no need to cry." you hold her at arms length and stare into her teary eyes. "i dont wanna lose you again..." she says softly. "i promise you wont. i will always come back to you, no matter what." you slam your lips into hers, and she slowly melts into it. "i hate to interrupt, i really do, but curfew is in fifteen minutes." momo points out. "yeah, i know. you girls wanna have a sleepover?" you ask, "sure!" they agree quickly. kyoka yelps as your pick her up, and start walking towards the stairs. "lets go then!" you shout.

the next morning you wake up feeling an immense amount of existential dread. you start looking around the room in a panic, feeling yourself lose control of your breathing. "...(y/n)?" you look down to see kyoka begining to stir. 'right, the sleepover.' you remind yourself. "uh, yeah. sorry i woke you up." you apologize. "its fine, whats wrong?" she asks, "im not sure...something isnt right." you explain. "im sure its no-" she is cut off by pounding at the door. your rush to open it, and see izuku standing in his pajamas. "is ochako okay? something feels wrong." he asks in a panic, "yeah, shes fine. come see for yourself." you open the door wider, and izuku enters. he sees ochako sleeping peacefully on the ground, and kisses her forehead. "tooru!" you turn around to see katsuki rush through the open door, sweating heavily. "where is she?" he asks, "literally right there, kacchan." izuku says while pointing at her sleeping form, now starting to stir. "guys?" shoto peaks his head into the room, and stares at you, izuku, and katsuki. "whats happening? did you all feel it too?" katsuki asks, the three of you nod while kyoka stares up at you in confusion. "what the hell is happening? what did you all feel?" she asks, "it felt like part of me was ripped away. thats why i came here first, i thought ochako was in danger." izuku explains while everyone nods in agreement. "kyoka you stay here. wake up the girls and the rest of class, something is up. you three, your with me. lets go see if anyone else felt that, or even figure out what caused it." you order.

after a while of checking the dorm thoroughly, the four of you find nothing out of the ordinary. you go to the common room where everyone is gathered, and eijiro runs up to you. "what the hell is happening?! when mina woke me up i almost passed out from fear! kyoka said it was the same for you guys, did you find anything?" he asks, "no. did anyone else feel a feeling of existential dread this morning?" everyone shakes their heads. "okay, continue on as normal. eijiro, izuku, katsuki, and shoto. come with me." you lead the four boys to the teachers dorm, and knock on aizawas door. "oh, not you too." he sighs. "dread?" you ask, "yeah, come in." you walk into his dorm, only to find , nezu, mirio, tamaki, and nejire. "oh dear, did you all feel it too?" nezu asks grimly. "yes, sir." izuku answers. "togata i need you to reach out to all pro heroes your in contact with. through any means necessary arrange a meeting with anyone, anyone at all, who felt dread this morning like we did." nezu commands, "on it!" mirio pulls out his phone and starts texting. "(y/n) i want you to do the same, but with students." you nod. "okay. us five are the only ones from our class, though." you say.

out of nowhere, you hear a shrill screech. everyone sprints outside, only to see kyoka staring at the sky. "(y/n)! get down here!" she screams. you overclock and jump down to her, "whats wrong?" you ask quickly. she points to the sky, and you almost pass out when you see whats up there. "oh, fuck! CALL THE ARMAGEDDON! THATS A METEOR BIG ENOUGH TO WIPE EVERYTHING OUT!" you scream at aizawa. "(y/n)! start evacuating students! its headed right at us!" aizawa orders, "its no use! it that thing hits earth, the human race will be wiped out!" you explain. "so this is the end..?" kyoka whimpers. "not if i have anything to say about it." you mumble. "i am here! in a very strenuous form!" all might suddenly appears next to you, in his muscle form. "how long can you hold that?" you ask, "twenty minutes! although thanks to young midoriya, i am as strong as i was in my heyday!" he exclaims. "get anti-matter here! ill be right back!" you overclock x70, and just break through the dorms door. "momo! i need three space helmets! me, all might, and anti-matter!" you order. "what?!" she asks, "do it!" you urge. she does, and you run back outside. you see anti-matter standing next to all might in just a T-shirt and shorts. "that a problem." he says while staring at the meteor. "that 'problem' is going to collide with earth in two minutes time!" nezu announces. you hand all might and anti-matter their helmets, before putting on your own. "i can get there. you two?" you as, "yes." anti-matter says confidently. "of course!" all might agrees. "what are you three about to do? have you planned this?!" aizawa asks angrily, "we are currently the strongest this world has to offer, why wouldnt we prepare doomsday scenario plans?" anti-matter asks. "its been an honor." you tell all might and anti-matter. "yes, i agree." all might replies while anti-matter nods. 

"what the fuck are you three doing?!" you turn around to see your class running at you, katsuki leading the pack. "stay back!" all might warns. "you too kyoka." you nudge her towards your classmates. "you both know the deal, yes?" anti-matter asks, "of course. if one of us doesnt make it, their responsibilities fall on one of the survivors." you recite. "guys, let me help!" izuku shouts. "sorry, izuku. the world needs a symbol of peace." with that, the three of you start making your way to the meteor. you jump as high as you can, and use a series of x500 overblasts to make it the rest of the way. when you get within twenty feet of the meteor, you see all might and anti-matter on your left and right. just as practiced. both the heroes read their attacks, and you put your hands in front of you. the moment they make contact, you force yourself to produce an x1000 overblast. the three attacks combined are able to reduce the meteor to rubble, however you overblast sends you flying back down to earth at mach speeds. as you near the ground, right where you jumped from, you think to yourself. 'sacrificial burst! elite!' you overclock both legs as far as you can, not even counting the number. right before landing, you kick the air beneath you, shattering the limbs and spraying blood everywhere, but breaking your fall. you feel something hit the ground near you, and faintly hear kyoka screaming your name. as you fade out of consciousness, you give her a smile.

*??? POV*

so it went well. two obstacles down, but one still remains. be grateful i let you keep their bodies, because next time...i will use the full potential of this newfound power.