chapter 108: the interview

the next morning kyotoku arrives on time and introduces himself to the rest of the class. "wait, are all of you gonna be part of  this?" he asks, "nah, we are gonna be training with all might." sero says, "yea! we better get going!" mina says, "who is your last pick (y/n)?" ochako asks while some people start leaving, "he isnt here yet, should be soon though." you say. after they are gone, the news crew leave to get more equipment. "so what all is off limits?" you ask, "i was gonna ask the same." kyotoku admits. "well for starters, anything about midoriyas quirks. beyond that its up to you." aizawa says, "well, people already know im your girlfriend and the dorms situations." kyoka says, "yea, i dont think anything else is super off limits." you agree while the crew finishes setting up. "im here (y/n) who else did you inv-oh! a class 2A loser!" monoma says as he enters the dorm building, "why the hell is he here?" kyoka asks irritably, "i invited him. by the way, dont be an ass on TV" you say, "fine." monoma agrees. "i thought you said you picked someone grounded!" kyoka says angrily, "i did! monoma cut the act before she kills me!" you say defensively, "i dunno, this could be fun." he teases, "what do you mean 'cut the act'?" kyoka asks, "well, i only tease you guys to...stir the pot, i guess you could say." monoma explains, "yea right." kyoka says in doubt, "everyone sit down, we are live in five minutes." aizawa orders.

"here we are! in the common room of class 2A, from U.A high!" the reporter says before turning to face the four of you. "why dont you introduce yourselves?" she asks, "well, my name is (y/n) (l/n), this is neito monoma, from class 2B, my lovely girlfriend kyoka jiro, and her father kyotoku jiro." you explain, "so during the announcement of your death, this young lady wasnt lying?" the reporter asks, "nope! nothing else to really say there though, aizawa covered it pretty well." you joke, "mr jiro, what do you think of your daughters relationship with (l/n)? seeing as he is extremely controversial." the woman asks, kyotoku then locks eyes with you and begins speaking, "well ever since i met him he has been a great kid, i can tell him and kyoka really love each other. in fact, when he first learned of kyokas kidnapping the first place he went was to my house. i have a feeling that if he didnt, he would have run into their headquarters and died. overall, i approve." he says with a smirk, "ms jiro! what exactly happened in the pestilence hideout?" a cameraman shouts, getting met with glares by several people. "ill answer this one." monoma says while kyoka looks uncomfortable, "after several minutes of intense fighting the rescue group was able to reach her, after which eijiro kirishima, and tenya iida helped get her out while katsuki bakugo, izuku midoriya, and (y/n) here fought death wraith. in the end the amount of power he used took its toll, and after hugging his girlfriend (y/n) died in her arms." monoma says while glaring at the cameraman. "what was death like?" the reporter asks you, "peaceful. however coming back to my family was much better." you say simply, "eyewitness reports say that you had a bit of a freak out after learning of jiros kidnapping (l/n), is this true?" the reporter asks, "well yea. as soon as i realized i failed my one job, i sped around the entire building looking for her. eventually i found death wraith in a crowd, i couldnt fight him there because of the bystanders. he said they took her. at that point i collapsed into a sobbing mess, a few minutes later my teacher found me and helped me up, at that point i was ready to go save her myself. my classmates had to subdue me and talk me out of it. after that i ran to her parents house." you explain, "ms jiro, at any point did you think they werent coming for you?" someone asks, "well, not really. i hoped they wouldnt, but im glad they did." she says, "did you not want to be rescued?" the reporter asks, "well of course i did. i was more worried about what would happen if the tried to save me, i would rather die or be sold or whatever that watch all my friends be slaughtered in front of me." kyoka says guiltily, "how much did you use your quirk (l/n)? what is your limit" the reporter asks, "well during the fight i overclocked katsuki and izuku to x25 each, then i overclocked myself to x50, however that took as much energy as x100 would have. the only reason my flesh didnt come off again is because all the stress wasnt on my body." you say, "so if you died this time, under less stress to your body, how did you survive last time?" she asks, "last time i was only overclocked x100 for moments, this time it was minutes. i also got immediate medical help, not this time though. other people came first." your explain. "well thats it for today! back to you in the studio!" the reporter says before the camera shuts off.

later that afternoon the girls club, koji, and kaminari all gathered around you and kyoka to see how the interview went. "they asked what!?" kaminari asks angrily, "its okay denki, luckily monoma took over." kyoka says sadly, "yea, but still! that was not okay to ask!" he says, "at least monoma didnt mention you were only partially clothed." izuku says, "yea, and im sorry i didnt notice until afterword, i was still in a daze until you guys left, otherwise i would have given you my vest." you apologize, "its alright, denki gave me his jacket luckily." kyoka says, "a good thing too, only me and (y/n) get to see your boobs." mina jokes, "i wish it stayed that way...it was so embarrassing to be in that position in front of everybody." kyoka says sadly, "if anything, seeing you in that state just made ma angrier. it motivated me to fight harder." koji says, surpriseing everyone, "yea, i agree. im not sure how you or (y/n) kept it together in there, if it was mina in that state i dont even know what i would have done. killed someone probably." eijiro agrees, "yea, and thankfully since mineta was expelled, kaminari has been the only real pervert." tsuyu says, "you say that like he was checking her out. tenya and sero had to hold him back so he didnt attack death wraith." izuku says, "and on that note, the finals are next week." aizawa says out of nowhere, surprising everyone.