chapter 52: moving in.

the next day you all split up into your teams and walk to the dorms. "so (y/n), what should we do first?" tooru asks, "why me?" you ask confused, "duh! because your the leader, when a squad is named after you, you run it!" she explains, "well together we have $500, the first thing we should do is find an area, and take inventory." you say, "okay! how does over there sound?" kyoka asks pointing to an empty plot next to the gym. "that looks fine, lets go!" you say excitedly. 

after arriving you all take off your backpacks and take out everything useful. "so i have a blanket, pillow, enough clothes for a week, and personal belongings." you say, "i just have some clothes, all thats useful anyway." kyoka says, "i mean, i have a capture scarf, voice manipulator, clothes, and a few bottles of water." shinso says, "i brought a big stuffed bear, we could use that for bedding or something, other than that just clothes and some snacks." tooru says, "well, when i was evacuating i only took some clothes, my laptop, and an overall encyclopedia, however in the wreckage they were able to get a blanket or two." momo says. "well, the sleeping situation is covered for now, i think first we worry about shelter, food, and water." you say, "okay, you and kyoka go to the supermarket, we will sort everything out." momo says.

after arriving at the store you and kyoka walk in and are surprised how much stuff there was. "wow...you could stock all of U.A with this stuff!" kyoka says, "yea, but for now lets look at the camping area." you say, when you get over there you see the prices.

small tent: $250

large tent: $750

lantern: $25

fire starting kit: $200

portable grill: $500

tarp: $100

"well, momo can probably help us start a fire, but i think we should look at other options of shelter, maybe the hardware area?" you say, "maybe, we could make a wooden frame and put tarps around it." kyoka suggests. "good idea." you say. after looking at the wood prices you decide to have momo make metal support beams for the tarps, you buy three tarps and seven bags of chips, leaving you with $23.

when you get back they had sorted everything that could be used as bedding into one pile, and everything else in another. "oh good! your back, how many tents did you get?" tooru asks, "none." you reply, to her horror, "momo, could you make a fire and some support beams?" you ask her, "sure, i might need more lipids though." she says, you then throw her a bag of chips and walk over to where they cleared out grass for the tent. after a few minutes you had more metal poles than you could use, you started by putting four in the ground in a square pattern, you then have her make screws and a screwdriver, now you add horizontal support across the four poles before putting a tarp on top. "wow, thats actually a lot bigger than i though it would be, its like a whole tent!" tooru says, "yep, and the goal is to eventually get enough of these that we can all have one to ourselves, one fore food, and one for other storage." you explain, "thats great and all, but for now who is sharing?" shinso asks, "momo and tooru will share, me and kyoka will share, and you get one to yourself." you say, "great." he says with a smirk.

a few hours later you finished building the third and last one, "okay, its pretty makeshift but i added some screws through the tarp as well so they wont blow off." you say, "great, you take a break and we will move everything in!" momo says. after thinking for a minute you walk over to where you saw the dekusquad camping, minutes later you see ochako. "oh! hey (y/n)!" she yells, when you reach her she asks, "whats up?" "oh, i was just checking on how everything was going." you say, "i mean, its going okay, we were able to get two tents so me, tsu, and tenya are sharing one while izuku and shoto are sharing the other." she explains, gesturing to the tents. "you want a fire?" you ask, "that would be awesome! aizawa told everyone who could make it that they werent allowed." she explains, "great, use your quirk to gather some wood and ill bring some over for you." you tell her. after she walked away you went over to the tents, "i better not be interrupting any hanky panky." you say, "oh! (y/n), no we were just planning what to do next, whats up?" izuku asks, "your all in there?" you ask, "yep!" he replys, "okay, well ochako is getting some wood so i can give you guys a fire, i also wanted to ask who went shopping?" you reply, "ochako and tsu did, why?" he asks, "tsuyu you dont get offended easy, right?" you ask, "nope." she replys, "good, because there are definitely better ways to spend your money, dont tell ochako i said this please, but you did send your two worst strategists to spend the money." you explain, "i guess thats fair, what did you do?" tsuyu asks, "well luckily we have momo, we bought three tarps and some chips, afterwords we had her make a bunch of metal poles, screws and a screwdriver, we now have food for the next couple days, fire, a few extra dollars, and three tents." you explain. "wow, why didnt we think of that!?" tenya asks, "dont feel bad, without momo we couldnt have done it, although with your quirks a bit of string tied to a zero gravity tarp or blanket would work really well." you say, "thank you for the help (y/n)." shoto says. "well, ill be back in a while with fire." you say walking away. after about an hour your teammates finish the insides, when you look you see everyones clothes and personal items in their bags, being used as pillows, everything else was on the floor making it slightly more comfortable, after a dinner of chips you decide to go to sleep. 

"hey (y/n)?" kyoka asks, "whats up?" you ask her, "well, i also got out one other thing." she says holding up her guitar, the same one she used during the festival. "thats great kyoka! im really happy that you got it out." you say with a smile, "i also just wanted to thank you, without you we would all be dead, many of us several times over, you have almost died so many times, you even went against the whole league, including all for one, just to buy us a little time. thank you so much, im so happy you are alive!" she says while hugging you. "there is no need to thank me, i get my reward every single time i get to see one of you smile, after all, if it werent for you i wouldnt have tried so hard to wake up from my coma, after months of everyone i loved saying i failed, was a disappointment, killed them, couldnt save them, that they didnt love me...your voice made me wake up, i heard your real voice saying you loved me and you wanted me to wake up...that pushed me over the edge, when they pulled the plug i woke up because you wanted me to, if you didnt care about me anough to talk to me even if i couldnt hear i would be dead." you tell her. "i-i love you (y/n)." she says, "i love you too kyoka, more than anything."