chapter 156: nomu?! (pt 1)

*mina POV*

as soon as more villains appeared, i was teleported to a different warehouse. i look around, only to see a huge screen on the wall, after a few moments a video begins playing. "hello there, U.A student. enjoying your hero work? i sure hope so, since this will be your last mission! on the other side of this warehouse, something familiar will rise from the ground. it is made to perfectly counter you, and your quirk! enjoy death...also, this fight, along with all your little friends, is being broadcasted across all of japan!" with that voleratys voice stops, and something claws its way out of the ground. i immediately try to see what it is, and to my horror it looks like a...nomu? it has bright pink skin like me, but resembles a tall skinny man. "pInkY..." it gurgles, im shocked but get into a fighting stance. "yeah? what of it?!" i shout back. "KilL pInkY!" it starts running at me with surprising speed, so i attempt to make a wall of acid. the nomu runs through without a single burn, and continues sprinting at me. 'oh god, my acid doesnt effect it! is this really how i die?!' i start panicking, however try to think of a way out. '(y/n) will save me!..right? all i need to do is hold out, (y/n) can beat this thing...but what if he doesnt come?' while having an inner conflict, i dont realize how close the nomu got. it swings its long arm and hurls me across the warehouse. i notice a small drone recording me, and i can feel blood dripping down my forehead and lip. "stop it, pinky." i scold myself quietly, "(y/n) isnt coming, he is in jail. you need to win...you!" i stand back up and charge the nomu. it tries to hit me again, but i duck below its swing. before it can recover, i cover my fist in acid and punch the back of its neck. 'it feels like a brick wall...' i can feel my heart sink, as it doesnt even budge. 'what now?!' i start thinking frantically, but finally settle on an idea. "acidman: drown out!" i exclaim before jumping onto the nomus back. i coat myself in as much acid as i can, and try to hold it down. after a full minute of struggle, and a breathe of fresh air, the nomu falls limp. the large door behind me opens, and i start running over to the battle site.

*tsuyu POV*

the moment toga and the others appear, i get teleported to a dark place. on guard immediately, i scan my surroundings. i notice a large screen, and an automated message from voleraty plays. when its over, i hear a screeching from above me. i look up, to see a hawk-like nomu. 'how am i gonna beat this thing? my tongue is out of the question, as it seems to have sharp feathers. so that leaves only my legs since there isnt water nearby.' i watch it fly around the room, before swooping down at me. as it tries to grab me with its talons, i kick its head. i feel something crack, and a stone like object falls to the ground. on closer inspection, i see its a feather. 'its feathers are hard too?' i start to worry, however keep calm and activate my camouflage. while it cant see me, i climb the up wall and onto the ceiling. it eventually returns to the corner, in a position not unlike a roosting bat, so i slowly approach. when im within distance, i leap towards it with my tongue outstretched. i wrap my tongue around its neck, and feel several sharp feathers cut me. ignoring the pain, i start pulling myself towards its head rapidly. when get close, i tuck both feet in, and as i hit its head, i launch up to the ceiling. using my momentum and gravity to my advantage, i push off the ceiling and axe kick the nomu into the ground, seemingly killing it. the door opens, and i hobble my way back to the battlefield, most likely with a broken ankle.

*tenya POV*

the instant more villains appear, i turn to face my class, only to find them missing. within a second i too, am sent to a dark space. a video from voleraty plays, and a nomu like the one at the USJ drops from somewhere in the ceiling. it screeches, but doesnt move an inch. 'no way i can beat this! even all might struggled!' i think helplessly. is slowly move backwards, towards the doors, only to find them locked. i try to kick through them, but stop myself at the last moment. "wait..." i whisper, "if i have to fight this thing...does my entire class?! i cant add another one onto their burden!" i whisper shout at myself. 'there is only one thing i can do! i must defeat this villain and help my class!' i immediately start running towards the nomu, and kick it in the head. it doesnt even flinch. before i can react, it throws me through the door, and starts running at me. "wait...i can use this!" i exclaim before running at a nearby warehouse. as expected, the nomu follows and tries to grab me again. i allow it to, and it sends me through the wall. "is anybody in here?!" i shout, "yeah, mindjack." i hear shinso respond. "is there a nomu here?" i ask while scanning the room. "not anymore, i was able to strangle it with my binding cloth. did you kill yours?" he asks, "not yet! it seems to be just like the one at the USJ!" i report, "i wasnt there, dumbass." shinso replies. "uh, right. shock absorption, and incredible strength. it went toe to toe with all might." i say worriedly. "okay, you distract it. im gonna strangle this one too." he jumps down and we both exit the warehouse. the instant we reach sunlight, the nomu attacks again. shinso uses his cloth to repel up the building, and i engage in hand to hand combat with it. after taking a bad blow to the chest, shinso drops on its shoulders and ties what appears to be a noose around its neck with the binding cloth. he jumps over to me, and helps me up. "its connected to the warehouse now. the more it struggles, the less oxygen it gets. should die within minutes." he sums up.
out of nowhere, i hear unidentifiable shouting. "lets go!" shinso says before taking off. i follow, and we approach another warehouse.

*ochako POV*

when the villains appear, i immediately grab onto dekus arm. i feel it get violently torn away, and find myself in a perfectly white, and lit up, box. a screen plays a message from voleraty, and i watch a nomu rise from the floor. 'how does she have one?' i wonder while observing it. the nomu has large metal feet, and a pretty skinny build. "UraVity?! DiE!" it starts stomping towards me, however i stand still in fear. "how can it talk?!" i ask myself in a panic. 'wait ochako...what would deku do?' i ask myself whilste taking a deep breathe. 'he would win...but how? he would start by attacking, then make sure not to get hit. he would chip away at it until the nomu drops dead!' i immediately start putting the plan into action, however after my first punch it knocks me away like a doll. 'why didnt it work?' i think to myself. 'being like deku isnt gonna work, ochako! think for yourself for once!' i scold myself. 'wait a sec, i can just float it, right?' i start runnng at it with my fingers prepared. i dodge its swipe, and am able to use my quirk on it, causing it to do...nothing? i stand in shock as my quirk seems to be useless. 'thats okay! your more than your quirk, right?' i start trying to think of a plan, but the nomu decides to go on a mindless rampage. it starts with punching me in the thigh, then swings its arm into my head, sending me flying. 'im not gonna survive like this! think, dangit!' the nomu keeps approaching, and goes after my other leg this time. with its massive metal foot, it kicks my knee, sending a flare of blinding heat and pain into my head. i scream out, and make myself float. "ow...my knee is broken." i say, the reality of the situation finally hitting me. suddenly, i am able to spot a nearly invisible seal on the roof. i open it, and it turns out to be a thin hole to the outside. i get my head and torso up no problem, but face a challenge when it comes to my legs. immediately, i ditch my boots, as they are too big. next i try to pull myself out, but my broken knee hits the side. "agh!" i grumble while trying to pull it through. eventually, after much struggle and pain, i get free. using my quirk, i float towards the ambulances. on the way i see tenya and shinso running around, but i dont have enough energy left to help them.