chapter 20: the sports festival!

it was the day of the sports festival, you and everyone else were in the waiting room. "introducing our first years!" you hear present mic yell. as you walk out you see how big of a crowd it is, however the first thing you do is see where students will be sitting. 'hmm, they put us right in the center.' you think. you then see midnight walk out, "okay everyone the first challenge will be a obstacle course! it will be a race around the entire arena with obstacles sprinkled in." she says in a sadistic tone. when everyone was waiting to go you realize everyone is in the tunnel. 'uh oh, i bet todoroki or someone will try to stop everyone.' before you can think of a plan present mic yells. "EVERYONE BEGIN!" just as you thought todoroki tries to freeze the floor, however you jump over it. 'my quirk is useless in this situation, if i use it too early then ill be out of commission.' you think. as you run you see some huge robots falling in the distance, after a while of running you come across a large chasm. 'oh no...' you think. as you approach the edge you slow down and try to crawl across the first rope. when you get to the other side you collapse in fear. 'damn it, why does it have to be heights.' for as long as you can remember you have had a terrible fear of them. "hey (y/n)!" you hear, as you look around you see nobody. "up here!" the voice calls. as you look up you see ochako floating. "whats wrong?" she asks concerned. "uh...nothing." you try, "are you scared of heights?" she asks, "terribly" you reply. "here grab my hand." she says. when you do you feel your self start to float and she then throws you. "ochako! what the hell!?" you ask, now terrified again. at least until you feel something warm and moist wrap around you. "hey (y/n)." tsu says blankly. "release!" ochako yells. you then see her fall right next to you and land on her feet. "what are you waiting for? lets go!" she says starting to run again. "and there is some great teamwork from class 1A!" present mic yells. you end up finishing right behind ochako and tsu. after that you hear that you will be doing a cavalry battle but after that everything seems hazy.

 when you eventually wake up your told that you progressed onto the tournament portion. your first round was against mina. "hey mina, sorry but i need to hold back." you say. "what? why?" she asks confused "because when i beat you ill need my quirk for later." as you say this you begin to rush her, "fair enough, but i wont hold back." she says starting to grin. she then throws acid at you, however you know she doesnt want to kill you so you just push through it. 'i was right, it just stings a little.' you then pick her up and throw her out of bounds. "ashido is out of bounds! the round goes to (y/n)!" midnight calls. "hey, good match." you say helping mina up. "not really, you beat me instantly." she says sadly. "that may be, but you still put up a good fight. imagine if you used more powerful acid, i wouldnt have arms right now!" you joke. she giggles and responds. "maybe dont walk into acid next time."

after a few more matches you were fighting tokoyami. "hey man, if i win could you do me a favor?" you ask. "sure, what is it?" he asks genuinely. "well, you might not have been able to tell but momo definitely lost some confidence from your fight with her, so if the next time she is around just casually the it was a rough fight. even though i know it wasnt." you ask. "sure, but youll have to beat me first." as he says this dark shadow attacks you. you then jump over him and run to tokoyami himself. "sorry about this." you say as you kick his knee, when he falls to the ground you throw him out of bounds. "tokoyami is out of bounds! (y/n) advances!" midnight calls. "hey man, that was a close one." you say helping him up. "yea, and by the way i want you to know it was never my intention to break yaoyorozus confidence." he says sadly. "its okay, i know you didnt mean too." you say, patting his back.when you look up to the board you realize your next match is against bakugo.

while your waiting for you match to start the girls come in to wish you luck. "good luck (y/n)" momo says. "yea, you got this!" ochako and mina say, "i hope he doesnt hurt you too bad." tsu says bluntly. "i believe in you (y/n)" kyoka says. "dont worry we are here for you!" tooru says. "thanks guys, it means a lot." you say happily "can (y/n) and bakugo please come to the arena." you hear. "well thats my cue, see you guys later." as you walk away you hear everyone saying good luck. when you get out there you see bakugo waiting for you. "so your finally done making out with your girlfriends and are ready to battle." he says with a smirk. "you know good and well they are the most important people in my life." you say. "and they arent my girlfriends!" as you yell this at him you overclock your left leg and jump at him. when you get close you rotate midair to kick him. "well in that case..." bakugo says with a sadistic smirk. "would you like it if i fired a full power blast at them?" "no...MIDNIGHT, HER JUST SAID HES GONNA ATTACK THE GIRLS!" you yell, hoping she gets there in time. "if i need to ill forfeit the match, just put him to sleep!" you yell at her. "too late" as you hear this you see bakugo charging up a full power blast at the class seating area. 'i cant let him hurt them' you think. 'wait...this is a dire situation...yes thats it!' you think, you then cry out, "𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗥𝗔 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞!" as you begin you overwork you body it feels like you are burning. 'thats overclock x10 now...' you think. you then see in slow motion as bakugo starts firing the explosion. 'no...i...need...to...𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲...𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺!'

*ochako POV*

after a few minutes of (y/n)s battle with bakugo i see him yell at midnight, then i see bakugo making eye contact with me. "𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗥𝗔 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞!" i hear (y/n) scream. 'no, the last time he did that he passed out.' i think. then i see (y/n) start glowing red. bakugo sends a huge blast right at us, before it hits us though i see (y/n) start moving us away until it was only me. 'oh, no...there isnt enough time. i then feel myself get thrown then i make eye contact with (y/n).

*(y/n) POV*

as soon as you see bakugo fire the blast you try to save the girls even though it hurt like hell. after getting most of them out you see it moments away from hitting ochako. 'i...need to save...her!' you think. you then push her out of the way and make eye contact with her. 'this may kill me, but at least their safe.' you think. without realizing you smile.