chapter 173: what have we learned?

after your date with kyoka, you find yourself in aizawas office. "listen up, i have an important mission for you. voleraty is refusing to talk to anyone but you, so i need you to interrogate her. any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help a lot. just get her talking." he explains, "i can do that, when are we going to tartarus?" you ask, "tomorrow morning. is that okay?" "yeah, see you then."
as you walk into the cell with your hero costume on, you glance over and see voleraty in a straightjacket tied to a chair. she glances up, and her eyes light up. "(y/n)?" she asks excitedly, "yes, you wanted to talk to me?" you ask before sitting down in a plastic chair in front of her cell. "you see, this was all for you. everything i did was always to protect you, but she always ruined anything i cared about. since i have been here, they gave me a medication to help keep her at bay, which lets me be in control usually." voleraty rants, "can you please explain what you mean? who is 'she'?" you ask, "voleraty. right now im sarah, but we both inhabit the same body. ever since i got my quirk, she sometimes took over." she explains, "so back then...which were you?" you ask, "usually sarah. after you left though, i was voleraty for almost a whole month. i never wanted to hurt her, i swear. voleraty is the one who killed her, it wasnt me pulling the strings." she says, clearly guilty. "please dont talk about her. you claim that none of this was you, so has voleraty been in control for years?" you ask suspiciously, "for the most part. the first time i could control more than a whisper was when she was fighting you." she explains. "i appreciate your cooperation, and look forward to hearing about your good behavior from now on." you start walking to the door, but pause right in front of it. "for the record, i dont blame you for her death. only what you did while in control. i know you killed that man back then, and didnt stop spike. but even still...thank you. me and the people i care about are here today because you stopped voleraty for a few moments. so from the bottom of my heart, thank you, and im sorry."

over the next four days, the intense training continues, finally coming to an end directly after lunch. everyone is called back into the classroom, and aizawa stands in front of everyone and starts to speak. "these past couple weeks, pretty much everyone has powered up substantially. at the same time however, any sort of practical uses for this power has been mostly overlooked. today we will be conduction a battle exercise, and tomorrow will be rescue." he explains. "finally! we get to show off our new skills!" mina exclaims, "heck yeah! i cant wait to use my new ultimate move!" denki agrees. "quiet. go get your costumes on, and meet at ground gamma. best jeanist and myself will be conducting this exercise." aizawa orders. everyone does so quickly, and within five minutes are ready to start. 

"todays training will be simple. you will be split up into four teams of five, each team will fight one other at random, no holding back, no surrendering, the first team to be rendered unconscious or captured will lose." best jeanist defines, "the four teams will be as follows:

team 1: (y/n), ashido, kaminari, shoji, and yaoyorozu
team 2: bakugo, koda, tetsutetsu, iida, and uraraka
team 3: midoriya, jiro, sato, shinso, and asui
team 4: todoroki, kirishima, hagakure, sero, and tokoyami"

aizawa announces. "you will be given ten minutes to prepare, and then we will draw lots." best jeanist adds. you quickly gather up your team to begin strategizing. "so whats the plan?" you ask the team, however everyone looks straight to momo. "well, i suppose it will depend quite a lot on who we have to face. its no coincidence that they split up (y/n), izuku, katsuki, and shoto, so we can assume that these lots might be rigged." momo explains, "so you think the teachers already decided who we are gonna fight?" denki asks, "of course! just look at the pairings. if we fight team four, then both me and mina will be fighting our boyfriends, and if teams two and three fight, then tenya and ochako will be fighting tsu and izuku." momo explains. "that would make sense." mezo agrees. "so lets plan for fighting team four. who is the biggest threat, how do we deal with them, and where do we go from there?" you ask, "that team is super stacked." deni points out. "very true. shoto, eijiro, and tokoyami are all big threats in their own right, and with tooru for recon and sero for both a tactical advantage and restraining people, the odds would be against most people." momo spells out. "but not us?" mina asks hopefully, "not us. because not only do we have (y/n), we are built to counter them. everyone except (y/n) will stand back to back, and mina will cover all the nearby area with viscous, neutral PH acid, so we can see tooru approach. simultaneously, (y/n)s job will be to take down shoto. once he is taken care of, kaminari can render dark shadow useless, tooru will be easy to apprehend when we can see her, and eijro will have to fight shoji, mina, and myself all at once." momo says, "sounds good to me!" denki agrees.