chapter 54: bonfire stories

when you wake up you are informed that all the villains involved with the attack got away, apparently everyone was attacked but you and the girls got the worst of it. you had been asleep for three hours, at that point school was already over, you decide just to head to the dorm site. when you get there you see a huge fire, you run over in a panic but realize its just a bonfire. "whats going on?" you ask, "oh (y/n) your here! well, since we cant really do our sleepovers right now i thought it would be fun for everyone in class to do a bonfire once a week!" mina explains, "thats a great idea mina." you say with a smile, "are you okay dude?" kaminari asks, "yea, im fine." you reply, "good, i thought i put you in another coma." katsuki says, "nope. cant get rid of me that easily." you joke, "(y/n), you have some explaining to do." aizawa says behind you, "aizawa you came!" izuku says excitedly, "yea, but (y/n) from what recovery girl said, you ran out of time five minutes before the other students even got there." aizawa says, "i did? must have been the adrenaline." you say, "yea ya did, its a wonder you arent dead, you had the strength of a five year old in your body, that included standing, breathing, everything." he says worriedly, "so thats why i felt so weak." you say, "yes, you should have let he hold the rubble." aizawa says, "no. i was already in place, im positive the only reason i lasted that long was because my body removed my limits, in a life or death situation whether it hurts you or not, your body will let you use its full strength." you explain, "i know, im a hero. but you need to take it easy, while i admit you did good, you could have gotten seriously hurt." he says sternly, "i know, but i wouldnt have died. i promised them i wouldnt." you reply, "im sorry we couldnt be there sooner (y/n)!" eiiro says, "yea, if only i had been faster...stronger." izuku says sadly, "its not your fault guys." you comfort, "h-hes right guys, i-its m-my fault." ochako says bursting into tears, "what!? no it isnt." you say wrapping her in a hug, "i-i could have u-used my quirk, it would have been so easy!" she said angrily, "no, that wouldnt have worked, it was connected to the ground. plus, the main issue was that for a while the villain was trying to tighten it, he was trying to crush you." you say, "by the way, why did you ask katsuki to explode you?" tsuyu asks curiously, "because sure it will cause burns, knock me out, break my bones, all that, it wouldnt kill me, at least not instantly, i know they hurt like hell and are destructive, but i took one before, i could do it again." you explain.

"well lets all have fun!" tooru says excitedly, "yea! lets tell true stories!" momo suggests, "sure." everyone replys, "who wants to go first?" mina asks, "ill go i guess." kaminari says, "one time i was going to the beach with my dad, my plan was to check out the hot girls, but what i didnt expect was a shark swimming straight at me! when it got close enough i started screaming in terror, apparently it was just a dude with a shark quirk who wanted to mess with me." he says

"me next!" ochako says excitedly, "at the entrance exam, i did pretty well on the written and was doing alright with the practical, suddenly a huge robot comes out of the ground! it knocked over a building and some of the rubble landed on my leg, i was too hurt to move so i screamed for help, the robot was about to run me over when i saw a green flash and wind erupted everywhere, i looked up at the robot and saw a huge hole in its head! deku broke both his legs and his arm to save me, when he fell i slapped him in the face so he wouldnt die." she says while giggling. 

"hey guys, your my friends right?" eijiro asks sadly, "of course! whats wrong?" you ask, "would you hate me if i said i had the opportunity to save someone but i froze?" he asks sadly, "no. not at all, you cant save everyone, especially if it was before U.A, we may be strong but we are still kids." you say while patting him on the back. "okay. mina you can tell them." when he says this her face lights up. "yay! so basically eijiro and i used to go to the same middle school, i didnt really know him until my last year, there was this giant monster that cornered two of my friends, it was threatening them and asking where a hero agency was, i ran in and told him while blocking my friends. apparently eiji saw it but couldnt move, the next day he came and apologized. back then his hardening barely could stop a punch, he started training like crazy, then on our first day of U.A i saw his hair was different, he used to have black hair! he dyed his hair to be like crimson riot! look! look! we are also horn buddies!" she says pointing to spikes on his hair, "wow, really dude!?" you ask, "y-yea." he replys, "thats really awesome." you say with a smile. "thanks, now i have a interesting story." he says, "so during the overhaul raid there was a guy who could transform into the walls, he targeted aizawa but me and fat gum pushed him out of the way. after rolling down a long tunnel we were dropped into a big room, suddenly a dude comes out and throws punches at us, i could tell he was strong so i went into my unbreakable form. he shattered it. instantly. with one punch he shattered the hardening, he and fat gum fought a few minutes before i saw fat gum was losing, it broke me. it reminded me of when i didnt move last time. so i ran back in, when he broke my hardening i hardened it again, i took over a hundred punches from the guys until both his arms were broken, fat gum used a special move to knock them both out and i passed out, i woke up in an ambulance with an unrecognizable (y/n) next to me, i asked who it was and i swear i said no it isnt when they told me." eijiro explains with a smile on his face. 

"how about you (y/n)? did you do anything exciting before U.A?" tokoyami asks, "no, not really." you say. "can i ask a few questions then?" tetsutetsu asks, "sure. fire away." you tell him, "what was going through your head when you fought overhaul?" he asks, "well, pain was a big one, but in the forefront of my mind were izuku, ochako, tsuyu, nejire, and eri. overhaul also told me that eijiro was long dead, that only fueled my rage, i couldnt let any of them down, i couldnt fail them, they were depending on me, they were in no state to fight. to be fair neither was i, but that didnt matter then. i increased my power to x50 and i started glowing orange, i knocked him mask and he panicked, he made a huge stone body with him in the center, at that point i knew if i didnt finish him he would kill them, so i overclocked to x100. i heard ochako scream at me to stop, before the fight began i told her, izuku, and tsuyu that i loved them but most likely wouldnt make it, after all x10 put me in a coma, i thought i was a goner at x15. i told him to remember my name, 'the protector', then i looked back to ochako who was crying and smiled. once, izuku told me that if i ever thought i would lose, to just smile and push through it. and protect the people you love. so thats what i did, i hit him as hard as i could." you say, when you look around everyone has tears in their eyes. "then you had nightmares right? like too gruesome and horrible to describe?" shinso asks, "yes." you reply simply.

"now i have a question of my own, what was with the concert? it was wonderful, kyoka sang excellently, everyones dancing was on point, i loved the effects, but first how did you come up with that and why did you do it in my honor?" you ask, "i think kyoka should explain." mina says, "well, we had the stage to do something, we werent sure what so we all met up and discussed it, i suggested we could devote it to you, everyone, and i mean everyone liked that idea, so then kaminari suggested we let the girls decide, then mina suggested a concert." kyoka explains simply. "wow. well, needless to say it was amazing and im happy that everyone had fun." you say, "yea! oh, i have an idea! since there is a swimming pool, we should do a pool day!" ochako suggests, "ooh, is someone getting risky?" you tease, "huh?" she asks, "you really want to see izuku shirtless dont you?" you tease, "w-what!? no! i-i mean yes! i-i mean..." she says getting flustered, "haha! you two are so easy! im joking, dont worry." you say, "oh yeah! well, i bet you want to see kyoka in a bikini dont you!?" ochako says, "yea, i think she would look nice, but she looks nice in everything." you say bluntly. "dammit (y/n)!" kyoka says, "you arent supposed to say that!" she adds, "why? i thinl your beautiful, no matter what you wear." you say, "ugh...i hate you so much." she says with a bright red face, "love you too, now are we not gonna mention how tsuyu is basically on tenyas lap?" you ask, "its comfy, and im tired." tsuyu says bluntly, "w-what!?" tenya asks while blushing quite a lot. "wow (y/n), you and tsuyu are way too similar." tooru says, "eh, kinda. but mina also doesnt care about PDA." you say, "yes i do!" she says, "no you dont, ive noticed the eyes you and eijiro have been throwing at each other." you tease, "so?" she asks, "my point exactly." you say happily, "dammit." she mumbles. "okay, its curfew, everyone go to bed, you can plan the pool day tomorrow." aizawa says sternly. "okay." you say before walking back to the tents with momo, tooru, kyoka, and shinso. today was the day you got extra money, you spent it on three tarps and food.